• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ferentz ain't going anywhere

Lol, why would anyone want him? Iowa is a 6-6-9-3 type team. Won’t get much worse, and definitely won’t get anything better. He’s an antique that won’t listen to change. He has a stranglehold on that program and thinks he is the king, and the brass bows down to him and his averageness. I’ve never cared for the guy. Say what you will, but that’s the truth. Serious Iowa fans should be pissed.

THIS. 100%. If all you strive for is average, average is what you will get. Yes, they have been more successful than us in recent years, unquestionably. But their ceiling as a program is lower and will remain low as long as Ferentz is at the helm.

THIS. 100%. If all you strive for is average, average is what you will get. Yes, they have been more successful than us in recent years, unquestionably. But their ceiling as a program is lower and will remain low as long as Ferentz is at the helm.
For me, this doesn’t have anything to do with Nebraska. It has to do with what Iowa has been his entire time there. Not a team to be feared. Never will be under him. I expect Nebraska to be head and shoulders better than Iowa. Makes no difference, we all know exactly what you will get from Iowa.

And within days of signing an extension, Kirk ends Diversity Committee.

And they win nothing. Only the year they had the easiest schedule ever did they win the West. Again, if you’re happy with averageness, Ferentz is your guy. If you want more, hope for more, strive for more, then he is the wrong choice. I don’t want a coach at Nebraska that has no capability of winning big at some point. Ferentz does not have that.
Ferentz has been the coach of Iowa for 23 seasons and has as many losing seasons in that time as Frost does in 4 seasons at Nebraska.

We need to get a LOT better before I will even think about looking down on KF as a coach.

When former players are calling for his ouster, sounds luje a great time to extend his contract.

Go Squakeyes.

Dude is a complete tool, and they just signed up for more. :Facepalm::Lol:

Ferentz has been the coach of Iowa for 23 seasons and has as many losing seasons in that time as Frost does in 4 seasons at Nebraska.

We need to get a LOT better before I will even think about looking down on KF as a coach.
This has nothing to do with NU. As a fan of college football, I laugh about it. Trust me, you know how I feel about the Huskers, they have tons of their own issues to resolve. As for Iowa, he averages 7.30 wins a year, 4.6 losses per year. Winning seasons? Sure, if you just strive for that, then all is good. If you want more, you aren’t getting it. That’s the problem. They are good with that. If I was a die hard Iowa fan, I’d be pissed. They have clearly settled.

This has nothing to do with NU. As a fan of college football, I laugh about it. Trust me, you know how I feel about the Huskers, they have tons of their own issues to resolve. As for Iowa, he averages 7.30 wins a year, 4.6 losses per year. Winning seasons? Sure, if you just strive for that, then all is good. If you want more, you aren’t getting it. That’s the problem. They are good with that. If I was a die hard Iowa fan, I’d be pissed. They have clearly settled.
I don't think he deserves the salary he makes, and I'd expect a lot more for that coin. But you can do a lot worse at HC than KF.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back