• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Feldman on Frost and the massive disorganization

jpmandm

Long time listener, first time caller
5 Year Member
This whole saga is just incredible. I don't think anyone would have been shocked if Frost had come in and won 7ish games for 10 years before finally losing the faith and confidence of the magic '90s fairy dust club.

But for the home-grown hero, forged from the rib of Tom Osborne, to not just fail but seemingly be uninterested in doing even the bare minimum to be successful, is the most astonishing outcome in modern program history.
Well said.

solesrfr

Pura Vida!
5 Year Member
I would agree, but I would contend that we do not know what kind of talent we have had or have currently because they really have not been coached for the last 5 years at a high level. What we are seeing on the field is not an actual representation of the players individual talent. If the disorganization is as bad as it seems to have been, they really have been just sold a bill of goods and then not led to develop what they may or may not have for ability.

Not only high level coaching but S&C. Why is it over the past few season first year players are the most productive on the team. Antiquated S&C program.

C

FeelLikeAStranger

How are ya now?
15 Year Member
Well lets look at Clements. Clements was a 4 star transfer player. He has not been a starter here and maybe has struggled picking up the system. That said, every time we see him he is performing well enough to start. If you don't build toughness into the program you are not going to get performance. Without testing toughness you cannot actually see who the performers are. Which is why maybe the staff did not realize that Clements is the real deal. But after watching the second half this weekend Clements is the only player on our defense that can tackle.
Let’s test that. It’s you and Garrett Nelson in the Oklahoma drill.

here’s the ball…

36Blast

Objectivity Warden
5 Year Member
Nantucket aboard the Pequod, eh? Gotta go find my Cliff's Notes...

There once was a coach from Nebraska
Whose contract was bigger than Alaska
He made gobs of monies
As did all his cronies
Now all the fans say "forget ya". (insert your own sentiment)

Call me 'Ishmael'.
I'll be spending my birthday there. I'll toast to you Ishmael

FeelLikeAStranger

How are ya now?
15 Year Member
That’s your standard for Husker football? That the players would be able to beat the fans on the field? Might want to raise expectations a bit.
Nope. You called out all the defensive players except one as poor tacklers. I think Nelson tackles pretty well and probably wouldn’t appreciate the comment.

HuskerNCorpus

Heisman
15 Year Member
Nope. You called out all the defensive players except one as poor tacklers. I think Nelson tackles pretty well and probably wouldn’t appreciate the comment.
Nelson has whiffed on quite a few tackles. I would not agree that he tackles well.

The defense as a whole are extremely poor at it.

jtf

Recruit
5 Year Member

LOL.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. My only post in this thread is the one you just responded to so I didn’t call out anyone. Warzone and I are not the same person.

I was just pointing out a nonsensical post you made saying anyone critical should put on pads and go against the players on the field.

Last edited:
Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site

GET TICKETS