• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Feeling better....

I’m feeling better.

For a while there, I was afraid that all these players transferring out should be described as a Mass Exodus.

Lately, however, with these players leaving to go play/maybe start at schools like Colorado State, Kansas, Tulsa, and Peru State, it seems to be better described as a Mass Cleansing.
It doesn’t matter to me where they went. There are two losses that matter and those are Wan’Dale and McCaffrey. Neither loss will hurt us all that much, but it would have been nice to have them both stick around.

To your point about the others, none of them were going to have much or any impact in the future so you’re correct. It’s better for them and for the team to part ways and open up future scholarships.

I’m feeling better.

For a while there, I was afraid that all these players transferring out should be described as a Mass Exodus.

Lately, however, with these players leaving to go play/maybe start at schools like Colorado State, Kansas, Tulsa, and Peru State, it seems to be better described as a Mass Cleansing.
And there will be more after spring practice. Just the way it is these days.

There were hints of problems with a number of these players. I think it is better for everyone if the unhappy players find another school. We need to get the dissension out of our locker-room. Best of luck to them.

Last edited:

I really never saw the transfers as a negative like some folks did.

Hated to see the talent in JD, WanDale and Luke leaving, but when it comes to team sports, you're either in or you're out. I'd rather have a kid who wants to be a Husker run out of that tunnel than a kid who's not bought in.

I really never saw the transfers as a negative like some folks did.

Hated to see the talent in JD, WanDale and Luke leaving, but when it comes to team sports, you're either in or you're out. I'd rather have a kid who wants to be a Husker run out of that tunnel than a kid who's not bought in.
Reminds me of Alex Lewis, going off the field, telling the fans at an away game, yes, we suck.
Once that culture sets in, it can get ugly, but kudos to the guys that stuck it out, like VV and Collins etc.
Gerry left early too, can we blame him now if he was just ahead of his time?

Gerry left for coin, he needed a new Mercedes... that's different animal.
Agree, but not everyone thinks like this
Now, its old hat, then, not somuch, now its, this guys transferred, you point out its happening everywhere to everyone even five stars leaving, they only see the Huskers, which I understand, but there are only so many guys out of a hundred on a team, a few will leave, its the new new

There were hints of problems with a number of these players. I think it is better for everyone if the unhappy players find another school. We need to get the dissension out of our locker-room. Best of luck to them.
What percentage of the unhappy players would you say have already transferred? (Hopefully, 100%)

Maybe we will catch them on the rebound :thumbsup:

A local RV sales commercial signs off with "...and remember, the coffee's always on."

So to paraphrase, "...and remember, the protal's always open."

:nod:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back