• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Federation of Fellow Fly-Fishing Football Fanatics

If its towards Tahoe, south of where I was fishing.
Cant remember the hwy that goes along it, in the canyon etc, nice country though.
It's about an hour away from Tahoe. My in-laws house sits at the top of the canyon, and the Feather River is at the bottom. Season just opened this past weekend in that section, so the timing should be perfect.

It's about an hour away from Tahoe. My in-laws house sits at the top of the canyon, and the Feather River is at the bottom. Season just opened this past weekend in that section, so the timing should be perfect.
I've fished some of the high lakes in the Desolation Wilderness, plus several spots on the Truckee and Little Truckee. It's beautiful country.

I've fished some of the high lakes in the Desolation Wilderness, plus several spots on the Truckee and Little Truckee. It's beautiful country.
I'm more in the Plumas National Forrest, but yes, I love this area of California as it is remote, and very pristine. I didn't see another soul for the 2 days I spent on the Feather River. I took my boys (ages 5 & 7) to Lake Davis and they were able to catch a few fish. I love that they are really starting to get "hooked", and am looking forward to many more fishing trips as they get older.

Haven't caught any tanks yet this year, but I have caught a ton of pretty wild browns. Anyone else gotten out much this year?

Twice.

Caught a few nice largemouth and an unsuspecting crappie on olive Wooly Boogers.

Hope to get in a trout river again this summer. It’s been too long.

Twice.

Caught a few nice largemouth and an unsuspecting crappie on olive Wooly Boogers.

Hope to get in a trout river again this summer. It’s been too long.
I caught a handful of largies on a black beadhead wooly. Biggest was around 13 inches or so. I was fighting the wind the whole time and forgot my air pump for the float tube so I was fishing from shore. Usually about now I'm cleaning up on crappie with midges and gold beadhead pheasant tales. We have a morning dun hatch starting as soon as it warms up again. I'm hoping to get out a bunch more before softball starts.

I caught a handful of largies on a black beadhead wooly. Biggest was around 13 inches or so. I was fighting the wind the whole time and forgot my air pump for the float tube so I was fishing from shore. Usually about now I'm cleaning up on crappie with midges and gold beadhead pheasant tales. We have a morning dun hatch starting as soon as it warms up again. I'm hoping to get out a bunch more before softball starts.

I’m so busy at work I likely won’t get much in before the dipshitz start tearing across the lake and screwing up the fishing. I’ve tied a few new streamer patterns I hadn’t tried on bass yet and want to take a shot while they’re just setting into the shallows for the spawn. My biggest down here on the fly rod was a 5lb 4oz tug boat I caught on a damsel fly. The runs they make on a fly rod are amazing.

I’m so busy at work I likely won’t get much in before the dipshitz start tearing across the lake and screwing up the fishing. I’ve tied a few new streamer patterns I hadn’t tried on bass yet and want to take a shot while they’re just setting into the shallows for the spawn. My biggest down here on the fly rod was a 5lb 4oz tug boat I caught on a damsel fly. The runs they make on a fly rod are amazing.
I got into a school of pork chop crappie last year. Everyone one of them was near or over 12 inches. That was a blast. I can imagine a big bass is a lot of fun to catch. There's a slower river here with some decent walleye in it. I'm going to try to pull see out with microjigs.

I got into a school of pork chop crappie last year. Everyone one of them was near or over 12 inches. That was a blast. I can imagine a big bass is a lot of fun to catch. There's a slower river here with some decent walleye in it. I'm going to try to pull see out with microjigs.

Crappie here are so deep, I have a hard time getting down to them without sinking tip line and split shot. Takes the fun out of it.

I did catch some walleye on streamers back in Eastern Colorado years ago. The old Zonker pattern with black died rabbit fur strips along the back and a tubular Mylar body. I’m guessing they’d hit most streamers, but that was as close to a crank bait looking pattern as I had.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back