• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

FCS National Championship Game: #1 South Dakota State vs #2 Sam Houston State (ABC 1 PM CDT)

Oh well, next year. Very few seniors.

How about RB Isaiah Davis (Fr)? I noticed almost every play, bouncing off against D. Pinball machine.

Last edited:

Is it just me or did it seem SDSU had the better team and would have won it if their starting, stud QB hadn't been injured early in the game.
That would appear to be the case but you play the hand you are dealt. It sucked watching him go out and not come back. But the rest of the team played well. Just needed to get that stop on the last defensive stand. Hopefully Gronowski is healthy for the start of fall camp. Jacks could be tough again this fall.

Is it just me or did it seem SDSU had the better team and would have won it if their starting, stud QB hadn't been injured early in the game.

Here's the deal though, Heide was the starter last year after Gibbs got hurt early - its not like he was some dude that had never played before.

Also, the Jacks D was one of, if not, the best D in FCS. Definitely the strongest part of their team. To me that's what you want when you have a chance to win. Their offense did enough to win and their D couldn't get the stop when needed. Props to SHSUs QB - that kid took a pounding and kept getting back up and made some huge throws when it mattered. Everyone watching knew he was going to look Ezzard's way, and he still put the ball in catchable spots.

SDSUs offense will be a force next year with the guys returning if their OL can find some replacements. Their D could suffer a little as they lose some really good pieces in their front 7, but they always seem to reload on that side of the ball.

That would appear to be the case but you play the hand you are dealt. It sucked watching him go out and not come back. But the rest of the team played well. Just needed to get that stop on the last defensive stand. Hopefully Gronowski is healthy for the start of fall camp. Jacks could be tough again this fall.
could be? No, guaranteed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back