• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Favorite Local Media Member?

Favorite Local Media Member?

• Rob Zatechka

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Steven Sipple

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Damon Benning

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Brian Christopherson

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Dirk Chatelain

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Adam Carriker

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Amie Just

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Mitch Sherman

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Erin Sorensen

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 18.2%

• Total voters

Nightman Cometh

Recruit
5 Year Member
Who do you like? Who do you hate?

I’ll start, I appreciate Brian Christopherson. He’s even-handed, well-read, and has a good sense of the program. Shout out to Erin Sorenson, she seems pretty dope.

Can’t stand Carriker. I would never say it to his face, but man, what a bore.

Let it fly, I’m curious what everyone else thinks. And feel free to add to the list.

Last edited:

Can’t stand Carriker. I would never say it to his face, but man, what a bore.

I appreciate Adam Carriker, as it's obvious he's still largely invested in Nebraska. He's a fan like us. But his takes are really just suited for the social media fan base (not where I go for info typically).

I don't really have a favorite. They all serve a purpose in different approaches.

I grew up delighting in Tom Shatel’s articles, so he’s in the Top 3 for me. My other 2 are Rob Zatechka and Erin Sorenson. I sorely miss her podcast.

….

Ba-dum CLANG!

I appreciate Adam Carriker, as it's obvious he's still largely invested in Nebraska. He's a fan like us. But his takes are really just suited for the social media fan base (not where I go for info typically).

I don't really have a favorite. They all serve a purpose in different approaches.
I don’t dislike Carriker as a person, seems like a good dude. But I can’t, I just can’t. Maybe it’s the journalism nerd in me seeing some WWF lookin dude have a platform that bothers me. Maybe.

I don’t dislike Carriker as a person, seems like a good dude. But I can’t, I just can’t. Maybe it’s the journalism nerd in me seeing some WWF lookin dude have a platform that bothers me. Maybe.

I hear ya. I most times choose not to watch his videos -- and when I do, I can't get through it. It's about like watching a fan's YouTube channel. Too much emotional reaction for my taste.

AC seems like a good dude but was allegedly engaged in fraudulent scheme. At a minimum, he was loosey goosey in the use of his name and infrastructure.

I've met and talked with Sipple on several occasions and I really like his approach to covering the back stories, he always was a little tighter lipped with Frost's leadership and post exodus it's easier to understand why, but all in all Sip's a good dude.

Weirdly, I do not view them the same. Zatcheka holds my attention in a way Carriker doesn't. You can tell he's smart.
I guess that is why one is an anesthesiologist and one isn't. ;) Just messing. Adam is a good guy. Humble. He's not structured as well as he seems to just go off the cuff most times. Raw feeling. That is what I appreciate about listening to both.

AC seems like a good dude but was allegedly engaged in fraudulent scheme. At a minimum, he was loosey goosey in the use of his name and infrastructure.

I think you need to be careful with how you worded this

Based on this it appears he was scammed himself by the folks who promised things and used his good name to do so

It happens all the time with celebrities unfortunately

The legal folks and courts will figure it out I have no doubt

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back