• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Farniok in transfer portal?

The upside for CJ is unbelievable!!! Overall he had a very solid season last year and his future has limitless potential. He is a young man that if entering the portal would get big time looks IMO.

I don't understand the need for the jabs and then finishing it off with GBR.
Grow a pair. I put out facts and if that bothers you im sorry. GBR

:Rolf: Facts :Rolf: I’m sorry ...... someone mentioned facts ...... :Rolf: ummm sorry again ..... my jaw hurts ..... I have to relax carry on

Do you know why the elder wasn’t happy? Honest question. Kind of makes sense why Will wasn’t. You can take it PM if you like.
Hmmmmmm didn’t realize there was unhappiness with these guys.
I’m way out for the loop these days.

What happened to him since 2019?
Remember that Will basically manned the OL at center from spring 2019, summer 2019, and most of fall camp while Jurgens switched positions and was hurt almost all of that time (had the foot issue). Jurgens practiced less than a week there and was basically anointed starter over a kid who did all of the workouts all off season, and lost his job to a guy who had never played the position before. You could hear it from Matt when asked about the snapping issues in interviews.

This was one of the things I had mentioned that it had zero to do with Riley culture causing locker room issues in some instances, it was truly decisions made over a year after that sometimes frustrated our team.

I think the Jurgens thing will work out, i'm just surprised they ruffled feathers like that. And let's be honest, if Jurgens went down and we are moving his brother to center instead of letting the backup go in and he's the same age as Jurgens he probably isn't going to see the field so if you want to play it's best to move on.

Transfers like Farniok and Warner are actually "good" when things are clicking. It's like Green defensively, where he was passed up by younger guys or people his same age. The problem is Will felt slighted and the other guy is your captain. Not awesome. But we will be fine.

More about what happened to him that I’ve been talking about since 2019. Not sure this is anything more than wanting a chance to play.
Actually, the kid showed his class by sticking around this year, I assume some was motivation to play one more year with his brother. But if you are the back up center, and the staff thinks so little of your ability that they bypass you to to move someone else over, then it's pretty obvious you aren't in the 2 deep anymore, and maybe not even the 3 deep after spring. His getting bumped in 2019 was a gut punch, but his continuing to slide down in depth has been ongoing.

Was not aware of that. Makes sense he is transferring then.
Yeah, his brother played a ton and started a bunch. But Will was stuck behind converted TE Jurgens and didn't hardly see the field. Heck, even when Jurgens was pulled, it was Will's brother that went to Center. Talk about a kick to the..., well you know where.

Actually, the kid showed his class by sticking around this year, I assume some was motivation to play one more year with his brother. But if you are the back up center, and the staff thinks so little of your ability that they bypass you to to move someone else over, then it's pretty obvious you aren't in the 2 deep anymore, and maybe not even the 3 deep after spring. His getting bumped in 2019 was a gut punch, but his continuing to slide down in depth has been ongoing.
Appreciate the spin.

I remember walking through East Stadium during a game and noticing a guy in line for concessions. Looked familiar and I realized it was Will Farniok on a recruiting visit during his senior year of high school. I remember being very surprised because the recruiting websites listed him at 6'4 or 6'5 and he was shorter than I was. Looked well under 250, to me.

I don't know why I am bringing this story up, except that it was my only insight/interaction with a player who is now transferring and shocked me that he wasn't bigger.

Obviously frustrating for him, to just see the center position get handed to someone else. Had to be very frustrating for his brother, as well, to get moved to center when Jurgens was hurt, too.

Family frustrations, no doubt.

@ShortSideOption - Thanks for your insight in this thread. Looks like the Jurgens decision, coupled with the snapping issues, had perhaps more profound impacts in the locker room than we might have known. Especially when our only insight into the program is seeing a guy in line for a hotdog 3 years ago!
I am now wondering if the movement with Trent Hixson might be the last piece of negative drama in that OL room? Maybe I am making that up and don't want to start any rumors.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back