• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Farniok going to the NFL

What's funny about that?
I'd rather watch paint dry, watch tumble weeds tumble, the WNBA, QVC, Televangelists televangel, here Beth Mowins call a Huskers game, have a long chat with WH, have a beer with blister, I mean I could go on and on, but wrestling is about as fun to watch as watching paint dry. So that's what's funny about that. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

I'd rather watch paint dry, watch tumble weeds tumble, the WNBA, QVC, Televangelists televangel, here Beth Mowins call a Huskers game, have a long chat with WH, have a beer with blister, I mean I could go on and on, but wrestling is about as fun to watch as watching paint dry. So that's what's funny about that. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:
Uh ok. You asked what men's sport was doing well, a guy replied wrestling, which is a men's sport at UNL. Just because I'm not much of a basketball fan doesn't mean I don't pull for our Huskers to win and support them. I get wrestling isn't the most exhilarating thing to watch especially at the collegiate level if you've never wrestled. It's not a sport for most people as they don't have the right combination of athleticism and mental toughness to compete in it that isn't required in most other sports outside of MMA.

I forgot about this thread until it just popped up in a search for something else, but I thought it was worth continuing the discussion for those who were already here....

I was pleased but surprised that Farniok was drafted. I thought that he'd likely make a team as a UFA because he has played every OL position, and he's big and strong. I'm curious how things play out for him. He's a good guy who did everything that was asked of him, but his skill set wasn't really a good match for what Frost and Austin wanted their OL to be able to do. The irony is that I think that his having to adjust to an offense that didn't fit his skill set may have made him a more attractive prospect at the next level.

Thoughts?

I forgot about this thread until it just popped up in a search for something else, but I thought it was worth continuing the discussion for those who were already here....

I was pleased but surprised that Farniok was drafted. I thought that he'd likely make a team as a UFA because he has played every OL position, and he's big and strong. I'm curious how things play out for him. He's a good guy who did everything that was asked of him, but his skill set wasn't really a good match for what Frost and Austin wanted their OL to be able to do. The irony is that I think that his having to adjust to an offense that didn't fit his skill set may have made him a more attractive prospect at the next level.

Thoughts?

You and I have had this discussion off the main board and I agree 100%

Thoughts?

I hadn’t thought about it that way, but it makes some sense. While maybe he didn’t have a chance to flourish in a system that best fit him, he did get an opportunity to demonstrate his adaptability and versatility.

Best of luck to him!

Thoughts?
That's a good point that I hadn't really thought about yet.

When you hash out the roster limits in the NFL (53 total on the active roster, I believe 45 that can be active on gameday), there's a serious squeeze where most teams don't even have a full 2-deep on the OL available Sundays.

Often you have your starting 5, and 3-4 total backups. Guys who can competently fill in at multiple spots are imperative in those backup roles - having good experience at all 3 positions (and demonstrating adaptability to different systems/techniques) is a huge selling point to a GM who's continually doing advanced calculus about how to utilize those precious roster spots.

Combine that with the NFL's love of a good project (who has good measurables, but wasn't yet utilized to their strengths/potential), and Farniok is a lot more desirable than a casual look might lead you to believe.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back