• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fantasy: Who starts first

HuskerGump

My mama always said, Go Big Red!
My imagination is UTEP game will be way better than expected. Everything clicks. Lots of scoring, great QB and offense play, great defense, and great special teams play.

First Quarter: Haarberg starts. Directs two TD drives. No interceptions, no fumbles. Defense gets one fumble, one interception, allows 10 rushing and less than 25 passing. Special teams get a TD and a field goal. First quarter score: 24-0

Second Quarter: Raiola starts. Directs three TD drives. No interceptions, no fumbles. Defense gets one fumble, one interception, allows 10 rushing and less than 25 passing. Special teams get another TD.

Halftime: 52-0

Third Quarter: Kaelin starts. Directs two TD drives. No interceptions, no fumbles. Defense continues great play, gets one fumble and another interception, allows 10 rushing and less than 25 passing. Special teams get another field goal. Third quarter score: 69-0

Fourth Quarter: Mop up time. Reserves are hungry and team play does not suffer. Gramstad starts. Directs one TD. No interceptions, no fumbles. Longval directs one TD. No interceptions, no fumbles. Defense still good but gives up more yards. Less than 25 rushing and 75 passing and no points.

Final: 83-0

LOOKOUT COLORADO!

Raiola first half, Haarberg second half. Final 49-7

Last edited:

My imagination is UTEP game will be way better than expected. Everything clicks. Lots of scoring, great QB and offense play, great defense, and great special teams play.

First Quarter: Haarberg starts. Directs two TD drives. No interceptions, no fumbles. Defense gets one fumble, one interception, allows 10 rushing and less than 25 passing. Special teams get a TD and a field goal. First quarter score: 24-0

Second Quarter: Raiola starts. Directs three TD drives. No interceptions, no fumbles. Defense gets one fumble, one interception, allows 10 rushing and less than 25 passing. Special teams get another TD.

Third Quarter: Kaelin starts. Directs two TD drives. No interceptions, no fumbles. Defense continues great play, gets one fumble and another interception, allows 10 rushing and less than 25 passing. Special teams get another field goal. Third quarter score: 69-0

Fourth Quarter: Mop up time. Reserves are hungry and team play does not suffer. Gramstad starts. Directs one TD. No interceptions, no fumbles. Longval directs one TD. No interceptions, no fumbles. Defense still good but gives up more yards. Less than 25 rushing and 75 passing and no points.

LOOKOUT COLORADO!

lol 83-0

No. Too much unknown, too much new.

I’d take 49-7 (your CU prediction ) for the UTEP game.

Barring injury, I think Raiola starts the first game and plays pretty far into it. He needs gametime reps and lots of them with CU on the menu next. Haarberg gets a few series sprinkled in for a change of pace and then takes over in the 2nd half if we have a big lead.

I think they'll save Kaelin for later in the year and get him his 4 games. You're not gonna burn one of those on UTEP if NU has it under control.

Like I said. Fantasy. Replace Kaelin with Gramstad in my Fantasy in the third quarter if that makes you feel better. Longval in the fourth. Offense shines and defense rules.

Raiola will pick apart Colorado whether he gets one quarter against UTEP or not. Defense will shut down Shedeur.

I'll settle for a comfortable opening game win where the offense consistently shows a rhythm, shows they can both run (with RBs) and pass, and doesn't turn it over more than once.

Unfortunately, after the last 8 years, that simple request seems like a fantasy.

I'll settle for a comfortable opening game win where the offense consistently shows a rhythm, shows they can both run (with RBs) and pass, and doesn't turn it over more than once.

Unfortunately, after the last 8 years, that simple request seems like a fantasy.
Year two under MR. Details are not just being learned, they're on to more.
Coaches are fine tuning as it goes. I see us making a jump
One example, making a pass rusher do only outside moves instead of inside moves. Rounding out players games

Last edited:

First Quarter: Haarberg starts.

Second Quarter: Raiola starts.

Third Quarter: Kaelin starts.
..... because protect heat stroke. Reason: Hotter than hell, August 31 2:30PM plus crappy FieldTurf surface ;)
vCsfZyxPjScaTeW-1600x900-noPad.jpg

54f9493258323_-_egg-frying-on-sidewalk.jpg

intro-1663083312.jpg

LOOKOUT COLORADO!

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but for me after the last few years of frustration, just a W would be nice. One game at a time! At least this year we are at home with a non-conference game! GBR

Like I said. Fantasy. Replace Kaelin with Gramstad in my Fantasy in the third quarter if that makes you feel better. Longval in the fourth. Offense shines and defense rules.

Raiola will pick apart Colorado whether he gets one quarter against UTEP or not. Defense will shut down Shedeur.
Well, if it’s just fantasy then I guess anything is on the table.

Unfortunately, the games are not played in a fantasy world. Expect the CU game to be tough, if recent history is any indication.

But it would be nice to start the season with one and then a second win. It’s been awhile for even that small victory.

If it's fantasy then huskernut starts at quarterback, the cheerleaders can't get enough of this paunchy, balding grumpy old man, and my NIL deal equals the GDP of Denmark.

If not then I think Raiola starts and gets most of the reps to get him ready for CU and the season. But 83-0 is fine.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back