• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fanatics and Topps Announce College Football and BBall Trading Cards

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
Topps and Fanatics will release college football and basketball trading cards. Some schools and athletes will have cards as soon as this fall. The ESPN article doesn't specifically mention Nebraska, but it does say Topps has secured deals with "a majority" of P5 schools. Hopefully that will include Nebraska, either this fall or next.

Last edited:
They stopped doing that awhile back as hard core collectors did not want the the stain it left on a card. Hurt the value

I used to collect baseball and hockey cards and Topps had the best gum
Ahh Yes, but unless you popped the hole piece of gum in your mouth all at once (which I think every kid did) the flavor was gone by the time you got to the end of the stick wet.

There used to be a set out out every year for the husker seniors, put out by university maybe. You could also find former huskers still in scarlet & cream on some of there rookie cards put out by the various companies. It was always a joy to see the big red on card stock for what ever the reason #GBR
B95C8DA6-F162-4878-A7B4-D3741DE8F396.jpeg
0BE49F71-720F-46BB-9F46-D989DAE16C96.jpeg

Ahh Yes, but unless you popped the hole piece of gum in your mouth all at once (which I think every kid did) the flavor was gone by the time you got to the end of the stick wet.

There used to be a set out out every year for the husker seniors, put out by university maybe. You could also find former huskers still in scarlet & cream on some of there rookie cards put out by the various companies. It was always a joy to see the big red on card stock for what ever the reason #GBR
View attachment 84178View attachment 84180

Very nice

I do remember those and have just one

I still have many of my sets some of which are worth quite a bit now

Will be interesting to see the NIL payouts

I read a while back that in the 50's and 60's that baseball players were given as I recall a 100 or so their cards and a $1,000

These days I am sure some guys get seven figures

Yup it will be interesting

Just another set of confusions for a vulnerable young athlete to be concerned with... I don't like it, not one bit

I had to sell all my card collection to pay for the dental work chewing all that gum caused pal. Thanks Mickey Mantle!

If you had a graded Mucky Mantle Rookie Card you would be set for life including a brand new set of high grade choppers :Biggrin:

If you had a graded Mucky Mantle Rookie Card you would be set for life including a brand new set of high grade choppers :Biggrin:
Pal I was only 3 when that 1952 rookie card came out. Mint condition card sold for 5.6 million. I need to see if I can find that 52 Chevy I was riding in.

I think Nebraska should seek a trading card company to make a legends Nebraska Sports set (football, volleyball, basketball, coaches, etc…). Of course they could pay a fee to the former athletes if given permission for their likeness.

The card company, athletic department, and former athletes could negotiate an agreed upon amount of profit generated from the sale of the sets that would be donated to a charity like Team Jack.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back