• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/8/18) Tons Of Photos And Video

You might have noticed I began my post with "Here's my take"...I'll alter those words for clarification: "Here's my personal opinion on the whole scenario".

No link needed for my personal opinion. ;)
He doesn't need to be the best. Just needs to be at least as good as the other two. Reading comprehension.
Everything we've heard from their coaches are three are dead even. In that case Martinez wins hands-down imho.

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Where in God's green earth did I say the best QB wouldn't play?

LOL Holier than thou much?

just my wildeyed spin. AM starts, if turnovers or injury Geb in relief. if turnovers or injury in comes Bunch. this will be a fluid situation throughout the season. we will not stick with a qb that turns the ball over and/or fails to get us into the endzone. no more sticking with the turnover prone machines no matter what they do. if a guy is hot stick with him, if not bring in a reliever. kind of like baseball. fluid situation.

LOL Holier than thou much?

Just throwing out my opinion for the sake of discussion. You can un-bunch your trousers now that you fully understand what you missed the first go-round. (No disrespect to Andrew.)

edit- O.k. re-reading my earlier posts they may have come off rather douchey as did this one^^. That wasn't my original intent. Sorry Gene.

Last edited:
With McCaffrey and Smothers on deck, the future at NU would look pretty grim for Gebbia if he doesn't get the start this year. I too would look for him to transfer. He already realizes he wasn't recruited to play this system and wasn't recruited by this staff. He's a pretty smart kid. He knows the odds are against him.

His work ethic and drive tells me he'd want to go somewhere where he'd have a couple solid years of playing time rather than being a career back up here.
If he's not the starter at the beginning of the year(I believe he will impo) he will play and he's going to play a great deal. I believe he realizes what he's learning from Frost is hard to put a price tag on. If we are to believe everything we've read about he's a special kid, a hard worker and a leader. I can't wait to see both him and Martinez on the field this season.

Exactly. And had he been allowed to stay and compete at the position he wanted to play, he may never have transferred.
Frost wanted to do whats best for him, not Stanford. As it should be. This is a business decision and its the same one all of us would make. What is best for us.

If Gebbia or any other player wants to transfer because he feels there is better opportunity elsewhere, then he should. Just as the Huskers have recently taken in transfers from other colleges because they wanted this opportunity.

Last edited:
I don't think it says anything negative about his character. If he can start at another D1 and better his chances at making the big show with higher draft stock then he should take it. Nope, nothing negative about his character at all.

So this is just one quote from Tristan, but if this was all I had to go on, I'd say he's planning to stick around for awhile:

“Obviously with the quarterback position comes a certain degree of leadership,” Gebbia said, “And as me and Adrian get older and progress through the program, we’ll earn our stripes and get there that way.” He just forgot to mention Bunch...and Vedral...and McAffrey...and Smothers.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...32cd605-da98-5bb4-9d88-f810ff72056f.amp.html/

He just forgot to mention Bunch...and Vedral...and McAffrey...and Smothers, and the 2021 hotshot...

Last edited:
He doesn't need to be the best. Just needs to be at least as good as the other two.
Everything we've heard from their coaches is all three are dead even. In that case Martinez wins hands-down imho.

If the last week of camp Gebbia is throwing darts and Martinez is throwing picks and fumbling the snap, obviously Martinez sits. That goes without saying. I'm simply analyzing the situation as it's been reported to us all through spring and fall camps, that it's a close race and all guys are fairly equal. In that case I believe Martinez gets the job.
If all three are equal. Why sit the guy that has a redshirt year left? That literally makes the least amount of sense. If all three are truly equal you red short one of them (AM) and play the other two. That is called roster management.

So this is just one quote from Tristan, but if this was all I had to go on, I'd say he's planning to stick around for awhile:

Not if AM is entrenched as the starter at the end of the season. He is talking about leadership and this season I wouldn't expect anything else.

C

Not if AM is entrenched as the starter at the end of the season. He is talking about leadership and this season I wouldn't expect anything else.

C

“As me and Adrian get older and progress through the program” means just this year to you? Ok, I think I understand what your position is.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back