• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/5/18) Pads Today; Video of Coach Frost & Players From Day 1 & 2; Lots Of Photos

HELVIZOCEXRUXIJ.20180805155809.JPG

Matt Farniok looks good!!

I know people will not like this but Earl was an absolute beast. if he did not play for Bum he may have been on of the greatest ever. Bum overused him and shortened his career. I once had the opportunity to talk to a NFL played who had played Dline in the 70s. I once asked him if there were any players that he hated to play against. I thought he would maybe say sweetness. Nope, his answer was. "Without a doubt Earl Campbell. he was the only guy that i would wake up and say shoot (he did not say shoot) I have to play Earl today." He went on to explain that you knew you were going to have to sit in an ice bath after playing EC.

Johnny was great but he did not instill that kind of fear.

I know people will not like this but Earl was an absolute beast. if he did not play for Bum he may have been on of the greatest ever. Bum overused him and shortened his career. I once had the opportunity to talk to a NFL played who had played Dline in the 70s. I once asked him if there were any players that he hated to play against. I thought he would maybe say sweetness. Nope, his answer was. "Without a doubt Earl Campbell. he was the only guy that i would wake up and say shoot (he did not say shoot) I have to play Earl today." He went on to explain that you knew you were going to have to sit in an ice bath after playing EC.

Johnny was great but he did not instill that kind of fear.

It’s not even close. Earl Campbell would take over entire NFL football games. We love Johnny R, but few that have played the game could do what Earl Campbell did.

Last edited:

Maurice looks a bit thin, but I'm sure the staff is already working on that. Can't wait to watch this young man play. After all he has been through I'm really rooting for him - on the field and in the class room.

I read that he dropped from 190 to 170 last spring and this summer. He'll eventually bulk up again, but he's going to be burning A BUNCH of calories in fall camp, it seems. Methinks he's one of those guys that the 4 game redshirt rule will help.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back