• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/22/18) Offensive Coaches and Players After Practice

DlO49z3U8AEUJT6.jpg

thanks to all. Joe Montana was 3rd string at end of year and brought his team back from 6 pt and 20 pt depsoits in the fourth quarter. started the next year as 3rd string and brought them back again in the fourth quarter. the rest is history. the drama sure is fun

Good luck to both, as neither seemed to be a bad character. It's unfortunate to see them join the long list of high profile Riley recruits who contributed little-to-nothing on the field. I'm sure I'm missing some, but that list also includes Lee, Anderson, Johnson Jr., O'Brien, and Blades. One could argue about whether to include Lamar Jackson, who has played a lot but not well.

There's probably a different story for each player, but in most cases the common element seems to be lack of development. Not every 4* recruit will produce as hoped or expected, but Riley seemed to have a disproportional amount of misses. It has to be more than just bad luck.

I appreciate your premise and there is probably some truth, but there's more to it than simply lack of development for the examples you provided. KJJ had off the field issues and didn't return because MR wasn't retained. POB left due to a lack of fit with the new offense. Blades never made it b/c of academic issues. In addition, Barnett had concussion issues.

Certainly a lot of the top guys didn't pan out. I'd be more swayed if we compared similar success/failure rates across years, or across other programs, before we continue to back up and run over Riley in the street multiple times. I'm glad he's gone, and I'm ecstatic about the leadership and coaching we have now! I just get beyond annoyed by the constant search for evidence to bash previous coaches, Riley and Bo included.

Last edited:

I’m expressing my point on why I think Martinez will win the job, relax. I’m posting on a message board, don’t think I’m trying to get the coaches attention. Again I think Martinez playmaking skills will win out. Lol
This argument has been made a thousand times. The rest of us are willing to wait and see instead of yelling at our computer screen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back