• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/17/18) Scrimmage #2

With his speed he can stretch the field and would be a nightmare on bubble screens

I have a feeling this offense is going to be a real pain in the rear for the teams in the Big 10.

The BTN thinks we will finish 4th in the West and Chuck Long sees SF's coming out party happening in year 3.

If we beat Michigan, the BTN is going to change their tune real fast.

Last edited:

I didn't like hearing Gebbia getting 3 bad snaps and if he was working with the 1s it would be Conrad's issue. He has had that issue last year at times and it is not a good thing. Hopefully center won't be an ongoing issue again this season

I didn't like hearing Gebbia getting 3 bad snaps and if he was working with the 1s it would be Conrad's issue. He has had that issue last year at times and it is not a good thing. Hopefully center won't be an ongoing issue again this season

Yeah Coach Frost talked about that in fairness to Gebbia today.

Sounds like we have 3 or 4 guys who could play center this year with Will Farniok being the future.

I disagree, think that, instead of comparing the two QB's to eachother as implied by your words "Gebbia is better at passing and making decisions" (placed in context) he was explaining the weaknesses and strengths of each QB. Heard his comments about what the offense needs as an explanation for why AM doesn't necessarily* need to be the starter.

he said AM outperformed in the Scrimmage today - presumably knowing that TG caught some bad snaps as he explained to the media. that seems like a big deal

do you remember any coaches saying who had the better performance in the first scrimmage? fact is none of them did - so this is... new

Sipple and Schaefer were talking yesterday about how each of them believes that if TG is going to win this job - he'll have to do so clearly (going away) because of the long-term potential for AM. I think they're right about that. and today's comments indicate (remember AM had a better performance in the scrimmage - the only time any coach has qualitatively compared the performance of the two) if AM doesn't have a slight advantage - its at least a dead heat.

I think AM starts and TG gets to play some meaningful series (the latter i did not believe until today)

totally concede that I'm speculating and could be wrong - but this is my take on what we heard today, and its different than yours

You might be right, but I'll disagree and predict Gebbia take the first snap vs. Akron. Nebraska appears to be in a good spot though - having this race tight enough right into next week, plus comments today from Coach, suggests the staff feels good about its options at QB - that is music to my ears.

The fun part is we all get to read way too much into every comment, as well as dissect every tidbit and morsel pontificated by media who are obsessed with providing the scoop on QB news. In the end, either guy running out for snap 1 signals the official shift in Nebraska offensive football philosophy, and I am all 'N' on that.

You might be right, but I'll disagree and predict Gebbia take the first snap vs. Akron. Nebraska appears to be in a good spot though - having this race tight enough right into next week, plus comments today from Coach, suggests the staff feels good about its options at QB - that is music to my ears.

The fun part is we all get to read way too much into every comment, as well as dissect every tidbit and morsel pontificated by media who are obsessed with providing the scoop on QB news. In the end, either guy running out for snap 1 signals the official shift in Nebraska offensive football philosophy, and I am all 'N' on that.
here here

I have a feeling this offense is going to be a real pain in the rear for the teams in the Big 10.

The BTN thinks we will finish 4th in the West and Chuck Long sees SF's coming out party happening in year 3.

If we beat Michigan, the BTN is going to change their tune real fast.

I doubt those BTN guys yesterday (Dinardo, Griffith, et al.) would have us 4th in the West. They were gushing over tempo, practice organization, several players...so either they were playing to audience (possible) or they disagree with some of the prognostication of their own network.

I think the BIG guys were surprised at what they saw, and were honest enough to comment honestly, not caring about other ESPN analysts. They were not predicting finishes in the West however, they just said NU could play with everyone in the West based on the limited time they saw them and other teams in the West. If forced to predict finishing, who knows what they would say.

I think the BIG guys were surprised at what they saw, and were honest enough to comment honestly, not caring about other ESPN analysts. They were not predicting finishes in the West however, they just said NU could play with everyone in the West based on the limited time they saw them and other teams in the West. If forced to predict finishing, who knows what they would say.

Yep, I think everyone is ready for the talking season to be over. Time to turn the boys loose and let them start cracking some heads (figuratively speaking, of course).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back