• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Camp 2022 Practice Thread: 15 Practices: Sunday 13 August Scrimmage (Last Day Of Fall Camp)

Not sure whether to be happy or sad? Dbs yay. Wr um ok.
It was my experience when I played that the defense usually had a leg up on the offense at the start of fall camp in general.

Considering the fact that the defense has had a lot of coaching continuity and the offense basically is starting over, this is what you'd expect.

I'd be worried if the WRs were exposing our DBs this early.

It was my experience when I played that the defense usually had a leg up on the offense at the start of fall camp in general.

Considering the fact that the defense has had a lot of coaching continuity and the offense basically is starting over, this is what you'd expect.

I'd be worried if the WRs were exposing our DBs this early.

Yup much like in baseball where pitchers have the edge early on over hitters.

It's only practice five of fifteen too

Yup much like in baseball where pitchers have the edge early on over hitters.

It's only practice five of fifteen too
You also have to take into account the limited tackling.

You always look better as a defender when you don't have to get a guy on the ground for the rep to end.

Full disclosure, I'm expecting a big year out of the Blackshirts. The fact that Chinander has found a way to keep trending in the positive has been absolutely, 100%, the saving grace of Frost's tenure. Beyond that, I think we have more talent on that side of the ball than we've had since Pelini was fired. I'm not saying they're the 09 or even 2010 Blackshirts, but they've got a collection of guys that is going to eat peoples' lunch, methinks. If Ty Robinson could take a step up and get to Jared Crick sort of status, I think you're looking at a top 20 defense. Even with all of the offseason emphasis and fan hand-wringing regarding the offense, I am pretty confident that Frost is going to owe his retention after this year to Erik Chinander and the Blackshirts.

Last edited:
You also have to take into account the limited tackling.

You always look better as a defender when you don't have to get a guy on the ground for the rep to end.

Full disclosure, I'm expecting a big year out of the Blackshirts. The fact that Chinander has found a way to keep trending in the positive has been absolutely, 100%, the saving grace of Frost's tenure. Beyond that, I think we have more talent on that side of the ball than we've had since Pelini was fired. I'm not saying they're the 09 or even 2010 Blackshirts, but they've got a collection of guys that is going to eat peoples' lunch, methinks. If Ty Robinson could take a step up and get to Jared Crick sort of status, I think you're looking at a top 20 defense. Even with all of the offseason emphasis and fan hand-wringing regarding the offense, I am pretty confident that Frost is going to owe his retention after this year to Eric Chinander and the Blackshirts.

Exactly

Well said

I really don't understand why so much of practice is done indoors. The last I checked all games except for the conference championship game are played outdoors.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back