• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Camp 2022 Practice Thread: 15 Practices: Sunday 13 August Scrimmage (Last Day Of Fall Camp)

I really like how HCSF basically said he "realized" he had to take less of an active role in the offense and step back. I mean, he basically (paraphrasing here) had THAT moment where he knew he had to be way less directly involved to be more of the CEO. That was good to hear.

Just seemed like he was in over his head trying to do literally everything. Couldn't concentrate on other areas while trying to come up with the next play or series on offense. Couldn't trust the "OC" to do it all in any given year without some micromanaging. Special teams and offense took a hit as a result. Needed to disconnect and have a very experienced OC take over and focus on "the program".

Assuming this all works out and we get a bowl . . . I do wonder what the plan is moving forward might be. Whip surely will want to hang it up soon. Does his son take over? Does someone else? Seems likely Frost needs to separate himself from the OC role.

First things first. Whip needs to improve the scoring and we need to win some games. I think he's been around the block long enough to not make the little mistakes that helped lose games.

Just seemed like he was in over his head trying to do literally everything. Couldn't concentrate on other areas while trying to come up with the next play or series on offense. Couldn't trust the "OC" to do it all in any given year without some micromanaging. Special teams and offense took a hit as a result. Needed to disconnect and have a very experienced OC take over and focus on "the program".

Assuming this all works out and we get a bowl . . . I do wonder what the plan is moving forward might be. Whip surely will want to hang it up soon. Does his son take over? Does someone else? Seems likely Frost needs to separate himself from the OC role.

First things first. Whip needs to improve the scoring and we need to win some games. I think he's been around the block long enough to not make the little mistakes that helped lose games.
He wont likely try his hand any time soon.
If this works,hope Whip finds the love for the game for awhile.

Last edited:

Hopefully Whipple can groom Joseph to take over once he's done

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back