• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Camp 2022 Practice Thread: 15 Practices: Sunday 13 August Scrimmage (Last Day Of Fall Camp)

Been watching and rewatching the practice videos. One of the issues I have had in the past Scott frost offenses was with the screen pass. The WR /RB sent out to catch the screen almost never caught it in stride. Passes were either behind the reciever or thrown high. Screen pass more than any pass must be thrown to the right spot.
Now I know that we have not seen CT throw much live action. However, watch the practice videos and you see him throwing and hitting them with the reciever in stride. Fractions of seconds make the difference on screen passes. Me likey what i see so far.
Those screens were always an adventure, and for all of AM's strengths, touch on the ball was not one of them - which IMO translated to something they were or were not doing in practice.

Like you, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

It's been 12.5 for the last 3-4 months
Expectations may be too high( and I am guilty) for the first game of the season. Last year’s win isn’t relevant it’s a new year a new team with an almost entirely new offensive coaching staff. Northwestern is extremely well coached and they’ll be well prepared ( they don’t beat themselves) getting out of Ireland with a win is all fans can ask for in game one against a Big Ten opponent.

Expectations may be too high( and I am guilty) for the first game of the season. Last year’s win isn’t relevant it’s a new year a new team with an almost entirely new offensive coaching staff. Northwestern is extremely well coached and they’ll be well prepared ( they don’t beat themselves) getting out of Ireland with a win is all fans can ask for in game one against a Big Ten opponent.

NW espically so with their beat writers is really getting panned in the preseason reviews

One guy has them going 3-9 which includes 0-9 in the B1G

Best prediction I have seen is 6-6

First game blues most teams go through.without a doubt but the consensus is this will not be a good NW team

With that being said you can not overlook anyone

NW espically so with their beat writers is really getting panned in the preseason reviews

First game blues most teams go through.without a doubt but the consensus is this will not be a good NW team

Agree
Both teams its game one, Whip said those games are lost more often than won, strictly on the sense a teams more liable to make mistakes than to put it all together for a game stop or winning drive.
NW does have that coaching continuity over us, though likely lessened some being its game one. So slight advantage to NW there.

But uncharacteristic of NW is lack of a WR go to, down year for QB and various defensive problems which lessens our new staff negatives.

Still doesn’t ease my jitters ..Illinois was being tabbed as terrible and breaking in a new coach before they beat the Huskers in last season’s opener. I won’t relax until they’ve scored one more point than Northwestern in two weeks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back