• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Falck and Liewer put on Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

This paragraph says it all.
"Even when I was around guys like Justin Herbert and (Marcus) Mariota," Lubick said of the former Oregon quarterbacks, "they were great players, but they had great players around them. I think, the more we can upgrade the talent around (Martinez), the more he's going to flourish. And we are more talented. We have to show it on the field, but we're more talented than we've been last year. And we've improved. And that's definitely going to help Adrian."

I get giving a left over scholarship to a senior on his last year.

Do not get giving it a walk on sophomore that is already here. Talks needing to upgrade talent, then gives a scholarship to a guy that is already around the QB. Is the talent here or not?

I get giving a left over scholarship to a senior on his last year.

Do not get giving it a walk on sophomore that is already here. Talks needing to upgrade talent, then gives a scholarship to a guy that is already around the QB. Is the talent here or not?
:O O: :Rolleyes:

Typical Husker fan.
1. In state kid goes to another team. "WTH we need to recruit NE kids first. these coaches need to go. "
2. Coaches reward an in state walk on for his hard work by putting him on schollie. "WTH why are we wasting schollies on no talent in state kids? These coaches need to go. "
Scholarship caliber athletes that we fail to sign and walk on caliber athletes that are here and not going anywhere are two totally different things.

NU absolutely dropped the ball not signing the D1 P5 players that left the state this year. Also have dropped the ball giving scholarships to walk on underclassmen.

Scholarship caliber athletes that we fail to sign and walk on caliber athletes that are here and not going anywhere are two totally different things.

NU absolutely dropped the ball not signing the D1 P5 players that left the state this year. Also have dropped the ball giving scholarships to walk on underclassmen.
thank you for proving my point.

Typical Husker fan.
1. In state kid goes to another team. "WTH we need to recruit NE kids first. these coaches need to go. "
2. Coaches reward an in state walk on for his hard work by putting him on schollie. "WTH why are we wasting schollies on no talent in state kids? These coaches need to go. "
WEll, can't say typical husker fan, but typical husker whiner? If he would have transferred in from small town in Alabama this would be a great move.
I love the move. There are many jewels out there that are overlooked and if the UofN wants to be a destination of hard workers or lower division transfers then that is a big bonus in the total recruiting package. Players/coaches around the country take notice of these things.

On the surface appears that way...let's see how the departing statesmen perform the next 4 years and how much the walk-ons perform. Heck, Liewer has already scored more college TD's then the entire Omaha crew who want to see America.
Current walk-on Oliver Martin still on roster....we'd have salivated signing him out of high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back