• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Falck and Liewer put on Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think k either of these guys are walk ons.
Yant would be a could example
I wonder why basil didn't complain about that scholarship
I know they’re not walk ons but he asked if we had the talent. So those where my examples of having the talent.

Last edited:

Agree. No problem giving schollie's to seniors when the schollie is just sitting around. Tying one up for 3 years is the thing I would not do.

I'll be happy with any receiver that stays here and makes plays. Can we agree that a successful receiver has at least 50 catches in a season?
Is Falcks or Liewers scholarship a 3 year deal?
How many guys at NU have had 50 catches in a season?

Last edited:
WEll, can't say typical husker fan, but typical husker whiner? If he would have transferred in from small town in Alabama this would be a great move.
I love the move. There are many jewels out there that are overlooked and if the UofN wants to be a destination of hard workers or lower division transfers then that is a big bonus in the total recruiting package. Players/coaches around the country take notice of these things.
nailed it

Basil says he's not disrespecting walk ons. Then proceeds to say ohio state and Wisconsin give scholarships to scholarship caliber athletes, infringed walk ons that earn scholarships aren't worthy.

Good luck squaring that.

Then you ask, if the walk 8n doesn't get the scholarship, is he going to leave?
What you seem to be missing is, if the carrot of the scholarship isn't there, is he on campus or at SDSU?

Have you conveniently forgotten all the walk ons that have earned scholarships in the past 60 years?
Lol, its a different ball game now because of the 85 scholarship limit. Here, you are justifying us recruiting against SDSU.

Walk ons don't come to NE in hopes of earning a scholarship. They come here because they want to play for NE. If they wanted a schollie, they'd just go straight to SDSU.

Only 135 guys did this across D1 in all of 2019... guess each team gets 1 scholly WR! Tell us more about your genius scholarship distribution ways!
Lol, wut?

I would give scholarships, in order of preference, to:
1) Scholarship caliber high school players
2) Scholarship caliber junior college players
3) Walk on seniors that could have unused scholarships for their final year.

I'd medical scholarship or cut any scholarship player that hadn't broken the two deep by the conclusion of their third spring in the program.

giphy.gif

Care to guess when the 85 scholar limit went into effect?

Then list all the walk ons that have earned scholarships and contributed to NU's success?
You go ahead and list away. It's your burden to prove your point.

And those walk ons, whoever they are, came and contributed without a scholarship. The scholarships were used for the talent around them....much like OC ML has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back