• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fabio....DONE

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/st...o-capello-quits-england-coach-john-terry-spat

Interesting development for England, especially with Euro 2012 coming up in just 4 months. Can't wait to see how this all plays out. Talk about a dysfunctional organization.
Talk around the Twittersphere is that Harry Redknapp, the manger for Spurs, is the heir apparent to Capello. Honestly, the England national team manager is the position in all of football that I would least want to have. Its the most pressured position in all of sports imo. No way Redknapp can "win" with the english fans unless he wins Euro 2012, every friendly and the WC title in 2014.

Not surprised here. I figured his days were numbered after England failed to win their "EASY" (England, Algeria, Slovenia, Yanks) 2010 World Cup group.

England is a mess....and have been for the last 4-5 years....most of their so called 'golden generation' is over the hill and never lived up to lofty expectations....John Terry even with all of his legal issues is not good enough to play for England anymore....and honestly their young players are not good enough either...the EPL has hurt the national team....not helped it as less and less English players are getting the opportunity to compete at the highest level....English football was never about having great individual stars....it was about the best team....Alf Ramsey who won the World Cup as the England manager in 1966 famously said at the time that the best players didn’t' win the cup for England....but the players who best fit the team won it....

Hiring a foreign manager was a huge mistake too and FWIW Harry Redknapp will not and never was going to be the England manager...not good enough and he is in legal jeporday himself right now....if they hire him then they have screwed the pooch....

Capello standing behind Terry not once but twice was and is a huge mistake....if you've seen the video of Terrys' racial rant against Anton Ferdinand you know he is guilty as hell....and the crown would not be bringing him to court if they did not think so....

The English press is hands down the worst to boot...makes it tough....

I think the England job is still a great one....but they need a young coach who is willing to overhaul the whole system....and the FA has got to stand behind them and not bow to the press or the fans....reminds me allot of Mexico....

England is my other team so I follow this quite close....<o:p></o:p>

Had nothing to do with it....he just won his Euro 2012 qualifyiing group.....England just is not good enough right now....no matter who the coach is....their big stars are over the hill and the youth just is not that good....

Standing behind John Terry was foolish and even more so as Terry is not good enough to play for England anymore anyway....let alone captain his country.....after the two stupid incidents he has been involved in....the racial one being by far the worst....

Not worth stepping down over....me thinks its more than that....he knows they are not good enough....he is a great manager...

Not surprised here. I figured his days were numbered after England failed to win their "EASY" (England, Algeria, Slovenia, Yanks) 2010 World Cup group.

Last edited:
England's problem right now is there are not any great English managers....the best two 'British' managers would be Martin O'Neill and David Moyes....O'Neill would be a GREAT choice....and I think the English public would except him Irish or not....he is also at an age that the national team job woudl be a nice end to his career...that would be my choice if I had to choose...:)

Harry Redknapp is just not the creative force that Moyes and O'Neill are....

Last edited:
England is a mess....and have been for the last 4-5 years....most of their so called 'golden generation' is over the hill and never lived up to lofty expectations....John Terry even with all of his legal issues is not good enough to play for England anymore....and honestly their young players are not good enough either...the EPL has hurt the national team....not helped it as less and less English players are getting the opportunity to compete at the highest level....English football was never about having great individual stars....it was about the best team....Alf Ramsey who won the World Cup as the England manager in 1966 famously said at the time that the best players didn’t' win the cup for England....but the players who best fit the team won it....

Hiring a foreign manager was a huge mistake too and FWIW Harry Redknapp will not and never was going to be the England manager...not good enough and he is in legal jeporday himself right now....if they hire him then they have screwed the pooch....

Capello standing behind Terry not once but twice was and is a huge mistake....if you've seen the video of Terrys' racial rant against Anton Ferdinand you know he is guilty as hell....and the crown would not be bringing him to court if they did not think so....

The English press is hands down the worst to boot...makes it tough....

I think the England job is still a great one....but they need a young coach who is willing to overhaul the whole system....and the FA has got to stand behind them and not bow to the press or the fans....reminds me allot of Mexico....

England is my other team so I follow this quite close....<o:p></o
Just playing devil's advocate here but Redknapp was cleared of all charges and the general indication(at least according to soccer pundits) is that the job is his if he wants it. It seems like the majority of English stars want Redknapp to be the manager. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the job here shortly. But, I also wouldn't be surprised if someone else takes it. He may just not want to have to deal with the pressure. Who knows

Last edited:
Harry is a slick character...not the first time they have gone after him....

I think it would be a poor hire...English or not....Not a really great club manager nor with any of the big clubs...and a habit of leaving clubs in the lurch....Southampton and Portsmouth....512-431-312 in his career as a manager...like I said nothing special....

English 'stars'......Rooney is about it these days....:) :)

Part of the problem in England is the FA has to show some backbone....which they actually did in the Terry decision and stop letting the press, the fans and in this case the players dictate who they want....

Who ever gets the job does not have much to work with....over the hill 'stars' and young players who are not that great....I do not expect them to make much noise in Euro 2012...

Just playing devil's advocate here but Redknapp was cleared of all charges and the general indication(at least according to soccer pundits) is that the job is his if he wants it. It seems like the majority of English stars want Redknapp to be the manager. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the job here shortly. But, I also wouldn't be surprised if someone else takes it. He may just not want to have to deal with the pressure. Who knows

Harry is a slick character...not the first time they have gone after him....

I think it would be a poor hire...English or not....Not a really great club manager nor with any of the big clubs...and a habit of leaving clubs in the lurch....Southampton and Portsmouth....512-431-312 in his career as a manager...like I said nothing special....

English 'stars'......Rooney is about it these days....:) :)

Part of the problem in England is the FA has to show some backbone....which they actually did in the Terry decision and stop letting the press, the fans and in this case the players dictate who they want....

Who ever gets the job does not have much to work with....over the hill 'stars' and young players who are not that great....I do not expect them to make much noise in Euro 2012...
I think they have some young kids coming up that are some really quality players. Phil Jones is being spoken as the future captain of Manchester United and England which is high praise for a 19 year old, Danny Welbeck(21) and Tom Cleverley(22) just from United are quality young players. Ashley Young(23) is not that old either. Jack Wilshere(20) from Arsenal if he can overcome his injury problems. I also really like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain(18) too. Jack Rodwell(21) from Everton is a solid player as well. Jordan Henderson(21) from Liverpool has been having a really good season also. Just going back to Man United guys off the radar are Paul Pogba, Will Keane and former United player Ravel Morrison if he figures out his personal problems are all being praised as future studs for England.

None of the guys you mention have shown that much thus far....my uncle who is a life long United fan disagrees with you on all three of the United guys you talk about...the fact they had to resign United legend Paul Scholes tells you all you need to know....:)

I follow United after QPR because of my English family ties to them....to me they are at a cross roads with the likes of Scholes & Giggs...for my money two fo the great players in soccer over the past 20 years....nearing or in retirement....of the English players on the club the only true star is Rooney...many of the young players have just not cut the mustard...Nani is a great player too.....

You United 'love' is showing...:) :)

I think they have some young kids coming up that are some really quality players. Phil Jones is being spoken as the future captain of Manchester United and England which is high praise for a 19 year old, Danny Welbeck(21) and Tom Cleverley(22) just from United are quality young players. Ashley Young(23) is not that old either. Jack Wilshere(20) from Arsenal if he can overcome his injury problems. I also really like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain(18) too. Jack Rodwell(21) from Everton is a solid player as well. Jordan Henderson(21) from Liverpool has been having a really good season also. Just going back to Man United guys off the radar are Paul Pogba, Will Keane and former United player Ravel Morrison if he figures out his personal problems are all being praised as future studs for England.

Red Reign:842941 said:
None of the guys you mention have shown that much thus far....my uncle who is a life long United fan disagrees with you on all three of the United guys you talk about...the fact they had to resign United legend Paul Scholes tells you all you need to know....:)

I follow United after QPR because of my English family ties to them....to me they are at a cross roads with the likes of Scholes & Giggs...for my money two fo the great players in soccer over the past 20 years....nearing or in retirement....of the English players on the club the only true star is Rooney...many of the young players have just not cut the mustard...Nani is a great player too.....

You United 'love' is showing...:) :)

I feel like out of the players I named Cleverly was the biggest reach.... Young is a regular starter for England and is not too old.

I am surprised he feels that way about Jones and Welbeck, or was he referring to the younger three I mentioned at the end?? Jones at 19 has cemented a spot at United which is pretty good and Welbeck has came on strong. Those second group of guys are all potentially great and I will admit they are still 'premature' guess.

Yes I am a bit biased as a man u fan :Biggrin:

Scholes was only signed because of injury and the inability of Snjeider to sign which actually happened because of the riots last summer. They did lose Fletcher, Cleverley and Anderson to injury so far. And he's been playing all world the last few games. So I can't complain :cool:

Wondered on his or your take on the rest of the guys I mentioned?

When I have more time I will respond...my mom grew up in Mansfield Woodhouse, England which is about 25 minutes from Manchester....their local club Mansfield Town ("The Stags') was a league member for ever until be relegated to the Conference a few years back....some of the family are Notts Forrest fans too....

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/page/Welcome

http://www.mansfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/

I love 4th Division (League 2) and non-league football....pure as it gets...:)

More later...

I feel like out of the players I named Cleverly was the biggest reach.... Young is a regular starter for England and is not too old.

I am surprised he feels that way about Jones and Welbeck, or was he referring to the younger three I mentioned at the end?? Jones at 19 has cemented a spot at United which is pretty good and Welbeck has came on strong. Those second group of guys are all potentially great and I will admit they are still 'premature' guess.

Yes I am a bit biased as a man u fan :Biggrin:

Scholes was only signed because of injury and the inability of Snjeider to sign which actually happened because of the riots last summer. They did lose Fletcher, Cleverley and Anderson to injury so far. And he's been playing all world the last few games. So I can't complain :cool:

Wondered on his or your take on the rest of the guys I mentioned?

Last edited:

[h=2]Fabio....DONE[/h]

Yeah, he's done.
He was never that appealing ever since that goose hit him in the face.

buschgardens-fabio-roller-coaster-1999apr.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back