• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Explaining Whipple

Pitt scored more than 40 points eight times in 2021 and converted 88 percent of its red-zone trips into scores.

Pitt scored more than 40 points eight times in 2021 and converted 88 percent of its red-zone trips into scores.
Whipple has 1 feather in his hat to my knowledge at the college level. This season with Pickett the panthers were #5 scoring offense. See rankings below to get an idea of how his teams have fared without a seasoned potential 1st rd draft pick at the helm. his oversight of the talented but awful Jacoby Harris certainly doesn’t exite. For the record Harris tossed 4 pics vs OSU and the hurricanes score 14 and 17 vs Wisconsin and notre dame in bowl games while whip was in charge…. How can that be? Losing to a couple Neanderthal offenses?

The time he spent with Steelers and a young Ben Roethlisberger is probably the most exiting thing on the resume.

Whipple lead offense scoring rank:
2021 pitt - #5
2020 pitt - #78
2019 pitt - #106

2018 UM - #41
2017 UM - #48
2016 UM - #108
2015 UM - #104
2014 UM - #70

2010 Miami - #78
2009 Miami - #31

Whipple has 1 feather in his hat to my knowledge at the college level. This season with Pickett the panthers were #5 scoring offense. See rankings below to get an idea of how his teams have fared without a seasoned potential 1st rd draft pick at the helm. his oversight of the talented but awful Jacoby Harris certainly doesn’t exite. For the record Harris tossed 4 pics vs OSU and the hurricanes score 14 and 17 vs Wisconsin and notre dame in bowl games while whip was in charge…. How can that be? Losing to a couple Neanderthal offenses?

The time he spent with Steelers and a young Ben Roethlisberger is probably the most exiting thing on the resume.

2010 Miami - #78
2009 Miami - #31

*Jacory Harris

2010 Miami - #78
2009 Miami - #31

Thanks. I just cancelled my season tickets.

I don't know much about Whipple, but I'm also leery of the big splash hire guys. Either they work out and get stolen away as a HC somewhere, or they colossally fail (see: Diaco).

In my mind, what's really needed here is some sound, fundamental football. Frost already has enough flash and sexiness in his playbook. We don't need more pizazz; we need some basic skill building. Whipple might be that consistency.

Put it in terms of cars - Frost already has a stable of Corvette and Camaro-style plays, but for Chevy to succeed financially, you need to sell a crap load of Tahoes, Silverados and Malibus. That's the bread-and-butter stuff we've been lacking.
I don’t know that diaco was hired as a coach, as much as a guru.

How does a pass-happy OC fix things? Same old thing unless they find a protection scheme and get the QB more accurate with less risk I see lots of turnovers.
He is not just pass happy, he brought a 3 star up to compete with 5 star athletes and possible heisman trophy, conference champions, and great stats. You know the stuff we have been going without. 43 tds, 7 pics, and 4300 yards passing, yeah we dont need that crap do we? Last, I trust Narducci /off sarcasm

Last edited:
Whipple needed a fat pay check to fund his retirement. Frost needed someone to throw under the bus half way through the season. Makes pretty good sense, imo

Came across this article on the front page.

“You could always tell his feel for the offensive side of the ball was uncanny,” Ford said. “The game plan that we had going into game were always the best game plans I was a part of and being a quarterback I always felt prepared going into games. There were never surprises on game day. It got to the point where the game was easier than practice because he would challenge the quarterback so much throughout the week.”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back