• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Experts! John Bivens

We're sitting at 81-83 pending the status of Jahkeem Green and if Wyatt Mazour's scholarship is renewed for this fall.

We're also sitting at 23-25 initial counters pending the status of Green and Travis Vokolek. Vokolek could potentially be classified as a blue shirt since he didn't take an official visit.

Green we should know about at the end of the month as you know.

I recall the discussion and it was quite awhile back. As I recall a day or so after he relaized he had misspoken on the blue shirt. Bottom line not a recent

Yep. I was just curious if something new emerged or not. I found the podcast with Clouse talking about it. At around the 41:50 mark Clouse is talking about the number of RBs that Nebraska will take in 2020. He then mentions Bivens and Thompkin's health could change the 2020 need. Callahan asks "is there something going on with Bivens? A blue shirt or gray shirt, whatever we're calling it now?" And Clouse basically says that he expects Bivens to be on campus in August and isn't sure at what point he would actaully join the team (after fall camp or after the season).

Last edited:
Yep. I was just curious if something new emerged or not. I found the podcast with Clouse talking about it. At around the 41:50 mark Clouse is talking about the number of RBs that Nebraska will take in 2020. He then mentions Bivens and Thompkin's health could change the 2020 need. Callahan asks "is there something going on with Bivens? A blue shirt or gray shirt, whatever we're calling it now?" And Clouse basically says that he expects Bivens to be on campus in August and isn't sure at what point he would actaully join the team (after fall camp or after the season).

Worth taking a shot at if he can get anywhere close to where he was before the devastating knee injury

Did Clouse say this on a podcast? If so, could you link it? I'm curious to hear what was all said about Bivens. Thanks!

It was the HOL podcast. I think it was the July 3 date. If not, it was the week before. Probably under the recruiting segment.

Last edited:
We're sitting at 81-83 pending the status of Jahkeem Green and if Wyatt Mazour's scholarship is renewed for this fall.

We're also sitting at 23-25 initial counters pending the status of Green and Travis Vokolek. Vokolek could potentially be classified as a blue shirt since he didn't take an official visit.
Thanks... I'm pulling for Bivens

You a guard, center, or tackle?

Anyone know any update about Bivens? Last report I saw was the thought he may be on campus in August but may not join the team until later (after fall camp or after the season).

I'm sure Bivens is a great RB, but it seems like we are loaded now at RB.
My kingdom for an LB of any flavor.... the LB drought continues.

Sounds like he could potentially be a good one if his knee is healthy and can hold up to the task.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back