• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Expectations 2022/23

What are your expectations this year?

• Huskers lose first game, Fred gone by December

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Huskers hang tough in non-conference, but struggle to win a conference game.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Huskers win most non-conference games, win 3-4 conference games

• Huskers start slow in non-conference, but make a run during conference games

• Huskers look surprisingly tough in non-conference, win most home games and scare teams on the road

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Huskers start hot and are ranked most of the conference season

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not expecting much. Last year we got 10 wins, 4 in conference. If we match those totals I'll be pleasantly surprised. That said, I think Fred lasts the season. Beyond? Who can say.

I see the media has Nebraska last in the conference. So hard to predict in the era of NIL and portal.

A Good Article with a rundown of 'Who's Back;' 'Who's Gone;' 'Who's New;' 'Staff Changes;" & 'Looking Ahead.'
This seems like a good place to put it.

Alberts and Hoiberg verbally agreed to metrics the program must reach in order for the coach to earn back some of the money promised in his original contract. Because the terms were not put on paper, they are not subject to state public records laws and remain confidential.
Hoiberg wants the Huskers to take on a greater defensive identity. In eight seasons as a college coach, Hoiberg has had only one team finish higher than 245th nationally in scoring defense. His three Nebraska teams have ranked 330th, 268th and 339th.
“What we’re all going to be judged on is how many times we get in that left (win) column," Hoiberg said. "What I’m looking at every day is, are we making progress? We can’t afford to take steps in the wrong direction and then have to go back up.”

Very low expectations for Husker hoops! I bet is zero appetite for firing another coach. Fred will be here for awhile!

Very low expectations for Husker hoops! I bet is zero appetite for firing another coach. Fred will be here for awhile!
I'm not so sure Alberts shares that view. He has said that he wants winning to be the objective in all sports. If he doesn't think Fred is the long-term answer to achieve success, Fred won't be here after this year.

Expectations will be the same as it has been the last few years.
Already proving it as we shot 3-10 from the free throw line against Colorado and 24% from 3.
Still can’t shoot.
That is bad.
Do we have any basketball players on this team?

Well after two exhibition games - it feels like it may be a rerun of the past few years. I like Fred as a coach but he can’t seem to get his players to play well enough to compete. They seem to be able to shoot when not guarded (ie practice sessions) - but as we’ve seen over the last few years - they are not prime time shooters when it counts.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back