• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Expectations 2022/23

What are your expectations this year?

• Huskers lose first game, Fred gone by December

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Huskers hang tough in non-conference, but struggle to win a conference game.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Huskers win most non-conference games, win 3-4 conference games

• Huskers start slow in non-conference, but make a run during conference games

• Huskers look surprisingly tough in non-conference, win most home games and scare teams on the road

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Huskers start hot and are ranked most of the conference season

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's the free throws that drive me nuts! We've been terrible for years and there's no excuse for it. These guys should be shooting free throws in practice until they get blisters on their fingers. They are less apt to put you on the line if they have to pay and it covers up for other shortcomings a team might have.

I didn't have very high expectations coming in to the season, but now I think my expectations might have gotten lower. Missing Walker, poor shooting, poor free throws... ugh. The good thing is that Nebraska has more glue players on the team this year... the bad news is that they are now the guys that will be looked to for scoring.

Greisel, Bandoumel and Breidenbach aren't first option scorers, but I think they need to step into that role for Nebraska to be successful. We'll see tonight. Hopefully it is fun.

After watching their first game, my expectations have not changed. They have a few nice pieces and a few high-level athletes. We will all appreciate the improved effort on defense. Cherish the wins, we won’t get a whole lot of them. Similar to our football program, the athletic department made the decision to scrap an entire year. I’m just hoping they are competitive in most conference games.

Entering the Big Tournament; This may be a good time to revisit our Expectations from early in the season.

Here is a comment I found elsewhere that seemed to capture the prevalent mood (Posted mid-November 2022)
(Names omitted to protect the Innocent. ;))

"Does anyone not dropped on their head as a child think this team has any potential for success this season? What is success at NU? Thirteenth place in the conference? ?? and I know the answer. I'm guessing ?? knows the answer too. Stop lying to yourselves. Even though NU under Hoiberg is the worst, it could get even more grim. They could fail to win a conference game, and then do it again next year. (Look at who they having coming back!) Say what you want about Abdelmassih but at least he brought talented players to the program. Granted Hoiberg did nothing with these recruits, but the type of players Hoiberg is involved with now are back to Collier and Sadler levels. Case in point: only at NU could a first-team Junior College All-American come in an be as worthless as Keita. Truly astonishing!

Alberts fired an incompetent three games into the football season. What is he waiting for? "

(Here is another 2022/23 season prognosis from BT Powerhouse. That didn't age very well. :Lol: )

Preview for 2022-23 from BT Powerhouse:

10. Overall Season Outlook
At one point talking about the Cornhuskers on a season preview podcast episode the other week, I managed to psych myself up into thinking this team might stand a chance at finishing with 15 or more total wins on the season and 10th place or maybe a spot higher in Big Ten action if things really clicked.

After two exhibition games of bad shooting, that balloon popped far faster than Trev Albert’s excuse of a helium shortage ended the pollution plagued football tradition (at least for one season so far). If the team manages more than 10-12 wins overall and doesn’t finish in the bottom three of the Big Ten, then it should likely be considered the optimistic result. If the team finishes better than that, man was it a great season by recent standards.
Big Ten Prediction: 14th Place

I have really enjoyed watching this team most of the season & during the second half especially. Let me make it clear though that it was often in a recorded-earlier scenario to preserve my psychic health. As I try to ease my way into extended senior years it has become imperative that caution be taken. I will be anxious to see how HCFH will refill the roster divots resulting from exodus due to completion of eligibility and other factors. Even if Mr Tominaga remains it's hard to believe he will be nearly as successful without D Walker in assist mode. If that potential deficiency can be overcome, a competent replacement for Sam G can be found, and other pieces make progress, perhaps my game recording with be active again next season. That is one hell of an IF!

GET TICKETS

Back