• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Expanded Playoffs/championship for everyone.....

MiniDisk

Option Football anyone?
2 Year Member

seems like a big money grab. whats the point of 90 teams in the basketball tournament.. i understand FBS football has its problems, but are all the other sports problematic as well?

It makes sense, when you consider that something like 350 schools compete in D1 basketball (and that number will continue to rise over time). Having less than 70 compete in the National tournament is kind of low. However, I didn't see in the article what expanding the tournament would look like. Does that mean two auto bids per conference, or expanding the at-large berths? One could argue adding a 2nd auto berth per conference would strengthen the low and mid-majors, as it would allow more of the smaller schools access to playing for a National championship. Expanding the at-large berths just means the 13th place ACC team gets into the tournament, and I don't find that appealing at all.

Boo to any playoff

10 years it will be at 20 teams

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back