• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Exercising Away From Home

I agree there are many places to travel where walking is fascinating and constitutes plenty of exercise to keep in shape. India, Italy, London, Paris, and any of a dozen rural tourist sites around the world. Wandering half a day in Kyoto, for example, will pass quickly and you will have climbed dozens of stairs to see stunning pagodas and serene places of worship. Wandering around the tantric cult temples of Khajuraho will also wear you out and amaze you at the variety of sexual activities that can be carved in stone (I saw them when they were still pulling the forest off some of the temples) .

Thailand I cannot comment on because I was a young man the only time I was there and was shepherded around town by the wife of the Minister of Finance. We always had a car and driver for all of our excursions. But Bangkok looked like a town that was conducive to walking and I don't think kidnapping is a big deal in Thailand yet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back