• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ethan Piper, DL/OL Norfolk Catholic is N

“It was pretty great, going down there to see the coaches,” Piper said. “It was pretty awesome. Seeing the practice, the food was great, it was an overall awesome day.”

Piper mostly watched the defensive line during the practice, envisioning himself being in the pads and lining up, which will eventually become a reality. The way Dawson coached his unit through even the simplest of drills impressed him.

“It was high-intensity,” Piper said. “It showed that the coaches really know what they are doing.

“From what I saw, they were getting after it.”

Another thing that stood out to Piper about going to Nebraska was seeing the chemistry of the coaching staff, both on and off the field.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that in my life,” Piper said.

This was the first time the 3-star defensive tackle from Norfolk (Neb.) Catholic had been on campus since he committed on March 5.

At one school I taught and coached at, I actually saw that happen.
Allen Nebraska late 80s. Part of the band playing Star Spangled Banner was in football uniform. Not able to remember if they played at halftime. I was more concerned with the touch/tackle game taking place on the ball fields.

Allen Nebraska late 80s. Part of the band playing Star Spangled Banner was in football uniform. Not able to remember if they played at halftime. I was more concerned with the touch/tackle game taking place on the ball fields.
For me, it was at Mission Valley High in Kansas. At the first game I went to, the starting QB and a couple of other players walked to the sideline at halftime and took off their helmets, jerseys, and pads while the rest of the team went to the locker room. Those players never joined the team. The football team lost that night...the 22 game in row.

The band director had shirts made that said, "Without the band, it's just a game."

I definitely marched in one Homecoming game halfitme in uniform at Laurel.

My daughter and SIL live in Allen right now. As far as FB players playing in the band at halftime goes, that is pretty common in small town all over America. Even here in Parma, Id. there is usually 3-4 players playing in the band at halftime.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back