Everyone used to point to Minnesota being a powerhouse back in the nineteen-dickety-twos and then they crashed into oblivion. Boat Rower is proving that you can bring back a sleeping giant after decades of irrelevancy. No word on how long this new Minnesota will last, but they look GOOD this year.Facts:
1. Nebraska has infrastructure that is comparable or better than most programs in college football.
2. Fan support at Nebraska is comparable or better than most programs in college football (although whether patience levels are negatively affecting player perspectives can be debated).
3. Nebraska has the same number of scholarship roster spots as every other team.
4. It gets cold in Nebraska; to what level that deters players can be debated.
5. Competition has caught up in facilities
6. Schedule has been getting increasingly difficult (B1G > B12 > B8).
7. Coaching carousel has been spinning at a high rate, contratry to the 'glory days' when coaches rarely changed.