• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ESPN Mock Draft: Jaz to the NY Liberty at #17

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
I'll be happy wherever Jaz goes in the 2nd round, but selfishly I hope the Mystics get her, (and keep her on the roster.) It's sad that Kitley's torn ACL may drop her out of the 1st round entirely. If she'd come out last year and not used her COVID year she'd have been a lottery pick.

Zipping through the show, looks like Jaz was not picked yet. Not enough respect for Jaz? Do they think she's too short? She Is a hell of a player.
Third round just starting.

Last edited:
Who picked her in the mock draft for #17? Way off, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Who picked her in the mock draft for #17? Way off, unfortunately.

ESPN did 2-3 mock WNBA drafts in the past week. The one I posted last week had her going #17. Oddly, the most recent one ESPN did before the actual draft last night didn't have Jaz being picked at all.

I have no idea how the same site, and the same "experts" could go from predicting she'd go at #17 to out of the draft in less than a week, and then still be wrong about Jaz being a 3rd round selection.

Honestly, I love Jaz, but I was a little surprised to see a mock with her at #17. Her shooting % declined each of the past three years, and she's not a huge defensive standout like Muhle from UConn. IMO, she's going to have to shoot really well in camp to make the Mercury. WNBA teams often carry fewer players than league rules permit, because many owners are cheap. There are WNBA teams I've seen cut a late 1st round pick, never mind a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I really think she's gonna make the roster.I have a lot of faith in her. She'll know what to do. She's been there.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back