• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ESPN GameDay Vote is Back On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

just checked vote totals

T A&M: 92723
Neb: 86253

I think this whole facebook thing is killing us...must be more A&M fans on facebook

Probably. A&M has a lot more active students and alumni. So I'm sure they have more Facebook members too.

That's why it was easier for them to get the word out to tell everyone to vote -- they all keep in contact with each other because no one else wants to socialize with them.
:Biggrin:

Last edited:

The Huskers can win, but it's going to take an effort from the fans who are able to pass the message along to their friends who have Facebook. The Student body at UNL could really be a force if they are active in this thing. They all have hundreds of Facebook friends.

Pass the word. Get out the Vote for the Huskers.

A&M is now 8,000 votes ahead. 114k to 106k.

It does seem odd that we have been neck and neck and all of the sudden they are blowing us out of the water. Dont mind losing to them, just seems fishy! But then again everything about the SEC is fishy!!!!!!!!!

It does seem odd that we have been neck and neck and all of the sudden they are blowing us out of the water. Dont mind losing to them, just seems fishy! But then again everything about the SEC is fishy!!!!!!!!!

I agree.

Their method of authentication is simply by using Facebook accounts and then a Captcha failsafe. If someone can program a bot to click a vote, it's not really that much harder to program one to create dummy FB accounts and even pass a Captcha. It's like having one of those car CLUBs on your steering wheel. If someone REALLY wants your car, they'll still take it, but the CLUB is more of an incentive to steal your neighbor's car instead of yours.

They should have added another layer like logging IP addresses, preventing a single user or device from voting multiple times per day.

Since they are using facebook, you really don't have to look any further than A&M having more enrolled students than us....

The fact we are even in the race is amazing to me with how they are letting voting be done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back