• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ESPN GameDay Vote is Back On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Standings as of 2pm PST / 5pm EST:

1. Texas A&M
2. Nebraska
3. Washington State
4. Clemson
5. Arkansas
6. Virginia Tech
7. NC State
8. Wisconsin
9. West Virginia
10. Mizzou
11. So. Carolina
12. East. Carolina
13. Washington
14. Michigan
15. Cincinnati
16. LSU
17. Ohio State
18. Florida State
19. Texas Tech
20. Iowa
21. Kansas State
22. Louisville
23. Purdue
24. Texas
25. Tennessee

Really shocked that Oklahoma, USC and the Irish didn't even crack the Top 25. Their fans must not own computers.

Last edited:
Before you had the option to vote directly and not through facebook. It appears you have to use a facebook account, which I don't have and won't establish, in order to vote. May cut down on a few votes cast. Any way around facebook; am I missing something?

Before you had the option to vote directly and not through facebook. It appears you have to use a facebook account, which I don't have and won't establish, in order to vote. May cut down on a few votes cast. Any way around facebook; am I missing something?

Same question. I don't have Facebook and never will.

Looks as though it is ONLY through facebook at this time... go ahead and make an account, it doesn't mean you have to "tweet" or anything... you can close the account after the voting ends. :)
I opened up a facebook account when Bo first got hired and people wanted to get a new record for how fast he got however many friends but I have never really done anything with it since then.... it doesn't hurt of tarnish your image... honest! BBR

ESPN has also added a challenge response test (those ugly, hard to read characters) to ensure that the response is generated by a person. As an IT professional, challenge response tests can be hacked as well by using character recognition scripts. ESPN is also not posting the voting numbers publicly. So, it's anybody's guess who is responsible for voting/data integrity.

One last point. I absolutely have no idea why they are still including Facebook in this whole deal. You could theoretically create thousands of aliases and use them in the contest. Again, it is painfully obvious ESPN probably outsourced this contest to an IT firm that has no idea about data integrity.

Anyway, I still voted. Currently we're in 2nd.

ESPN has also added a challenge response test (those ugly, hard to read characters) to ensure that the response is generated by a person. As an IT professional, challenge response tests can be hacked as well by using character recognition scripts. ESPN is also not posting the voting numbers publicly. So, it's anybody's guess who is responsible for voting/data integrity.

One last point. I absolutely have no idea why they are still including Facebook in this whole deal. You could theoretically create thousands of aliases and use them in the contest. Again, it is painfully obvious ESPN probably outsourced this contest to an IT firm that has no idea about data integrity.

Anyway, I still voted. Currently we're in 2nd.

I would say that the number of steps involved is very high to forge a Facebook account + captcha. I would be surprised if anyone games this significantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back