• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ESPN FPI Projects Nebraska to Finish 4-8

• Thread starter Deleted member 3561
  • Start date

No way the HUSKERS finish the season with 5 straight losses, no way at all. If I'm proven wrong I'll give up drinking Ripple for good. This team somehow gets it's fire lit and goes at least 7-5 and wins it's bowl game. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!

So my first question is, why ripple?

You've got pics to prove it..... That's it..... ICE, We've got him, he's an illegal...... Sic 'Em Boys!!!!!

Nothing will beat an 80/20 Burger* cooked over an open flame of charcoal briquettes......

* or meat mix of your choice, as we've done turkey, venison, and wild boar with a nice beef mix on the grill over charcoal versus over a gas grill or an oven of any sort.

You got me... 80/20 makes for a good burger but as you noted grinding is best. HyVee had choice NY strips for $3.88 an 8oz steak. I bought 2 so as to at least grind one. The other is waiting in the fridge for its legacy. I made one into an amazing burger grinding the fat and all. Sometimes I'll grind Chuck and mix that with NY strip or ribeye, when they are on sale. My vegetarian fiance complains a little about the burger smelling up the entire house, but it's worth it. Smells way better than her veggie burgers.

My vegetarian fiance complains a little about the burger smelling up the entire house, but it's worth it. Smells way better than her veggie burgers.
I give you two 3 years.

Someone mentioned Wisconsin had a 97% win probability vs Illinois. What tripped them up was that they didn’t give the same effort as they will against OSU. NU doesn’t give great effort any week. There is some underlying problem in this program. Hopefully, finally putting their foot down with MW will help. Four and 8 is a distinct possibility, if everyone doesn’t get on the same page.

You got me... 80/20 makes for a good burger but as you noted grinding is best. HyVee had choice NY strips for $3.88 an 8oz steak. I bought 2 so as to at least grind one. The other is waiting in the fridge for its legacy. I made one into an amazing burger grinding the fat and all. Sometimes I'll grind Chuck and mix that with NY strip or ribeye, when they are on sale. My vegetarian fiance complains a little about the burger smelling up the entire house, but it's worth it. Smells way better than her veggie burgers.
I've been loving some Wegmans or McCormick's topping, light hint of Badia's white pepper, complete with a sprinkling of sea salt. Just one fine combination there. Although I'm tempted to order me some Fuddrucker topping because it has been a long time since I had any of that stuff. Emeril's Bam Burger isn't terrible by any means. Sometimes I even mix different brands, depending on how my taste buds feel on the given day. So many good options these days.

Last edited:

I give you two 3 years.
We've been together for 7 years so I have no doubts. One of the first texts she ever sent me was that she was a vegetarian and if that was a dealbreaker to let her know. I don't care of anyone's diet as long as they don't try to influence mine. I catch and eat fish, and she is very much in favor of that because there is no industry torturing animals. I respect her position but will continue to eat as I want :Biggrin:

I've been loving some Wegmans or McCormick's topping, light hint of Badia's white pepper, complete with a sprinkling of sea salt. Just one fine combination there. Although I'm tempted to order me some Fuddrucker topping because it has been a long time since I had any of that stuff. Emeril's Bam Burger isn't terrible by any means. Sometimes I even mix different brands, depending on how my taste buds feel on the given day. So many good options these days.
I might have to look into those options if I decide to stray from my usual. I prefer a liberal amount of salt and slight coarse black pepper. I've never had anyone say they didn't love those burgers. Of course for the cost, they better!

That white pepper turned me away from the black pepper. Very distinctive bite without disturbing the meat flavor. Best $3 investment into pepper I've ever made. I like all sorts of pepper, but that is the one for my beef and eggs. I like the sea salt because each grain has big taste so you can go lighter. I'm not sure salt is bad for anyone, but I'm a firm believer in moderation. Fuddruckers was a burger joint I visited a lot in Omaha. Pricey, but damn good angus. Loved how they allowed you to pick your patty and build from there. I'm not sure if the restaurant is still there, but you can get the hamburger seasoning online. Think a touch of paprika in the flavor. Great stuff.

Updated my post with the best photo I could post. 20191022_191816_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

That white pepper turned me away from the black pepper. Very distinctive bite without disturbing the meat flavor. Best $3 investment into pepper I've ever made. I like all sorts of pepper, but that is the one for my beef and eggs. I like the sea salt because each grain has big taste so you can go lighter. I'm not sure salt is bad for anyone, but I'm a firm believer in moderation. Fuddruckers was a burger joint I visited a lot in Omaha. Pricey, but damn good angus. Loved how they allowed you to pick your patty and build from there. I'm not sure if the restaurant is still there, but you can get the hamburger seasoning online. Think a touch of paprika in the flavor. Great stuff.
White pepper with garlic powder is one of my "secret" ingredients I use on steaks and burgers. I've mentioned this a handful of times on here, but yeah, white pepper works so well with beef.

Also, I lived in Ft. Walton Beach for a while, and Destin had this restaurant called Fudpuckers, and their slogan was/is this....
And, most of all, remember our world famous slogan , “Ya Ain’t Been Pucked, Till Ya Been Fudpucked”!
I had the T-Shirt for a long time, and people would laugh when they saw it..... food was good, or so as far as I recall.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back