• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ESPN decides not to do a '30 on 30' segment on Nebraska in the 90's.

Just a continuation of the "ESPN hates Nebraska" narrative, now they're even more incensed due to our association with Fox sports.... soon we'll see their anchors heads explode at the mere mention of Nebraska moving up in the polls, can hardly wait!!

Just some speculation and guessing, but on Sharp and Benning this morning they talk about this briefly when it was announced, that part of the problem was that not all players wanted to talk as openly about things of the era as ESPN wanted them to.

Rumor has it that former coaches, players and media members were reluctant to discuss darker aspects of the program. Without the steroids and Larry Phillips/criminal behavior angles, it's pretty boring for non-Husker fans.

Just some speculation and guessing, but on Sharp and Benning this morning they talk about this briefly when it was announced, that part of the problem was that not all players wanted to talk as openly about things of the era as ESPN wanted them to.

Yup, beat me to it.

I for one am thrilled that they're not doing it. I didn't like the idea to begin with, it would've put a negative spin on a lot of the 90s era stuff. And as was mentioned, without the negative stuff non husker fans wouldn't really be interested. I think this is a win. There were a couple nice programs on BTN that covered the 94 and 95 teams nicely.

I'm sure it would have turned into a hit piece. Meanwhile, they made 2 "The U" 30 for 30's about Miami and made a gun toting, drug infested, hooker buying, class skipping, turdhole of a football program look like they were victims of all the crimes they committed and glorified them for all of it.

Bummer, but like others have said, this probably wouldn't have been a very flattering documentary. I would rather see one that focuses on the NU/OU rivalry, and how it went from arguably the best rivalry in the sport, to one that doesn't exist anymore.

I'm sure it would have turned into a hit piece. Meanwhile, they made 2 "The U" 30 for 30's about Miami and made a gun toting, drug infested, hooker buying, class skipping, turdhole of a football program look like they were victims of all the crimes they committed and glorified them for all of it.

I believe the "U" 30 for 30's were directed by a Miami grad.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back