• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ESPN Bracket Projection

I tracked down this women's projection: http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/womens-basketball/bracketology

Other than the obvious problem with the matchup, seems like an 11 seed would be a nice fit. Would have to beat a #6 and a #3 on the #3's home floor. Easier than a #7 and #2 if we'd get a 10 seed.

Games move to neutral floors for sweet sixteen.

upload_2018-2-27_18-49-16.png

I see ESPN put us back in after our win yesterday...still not a lot of respect for the #3 team in the conference and in the semis of the tournament. We need another very good performance against Maryland to prove the naysayers wrong.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Would not be a bad spot to be in. Would need to beat DePaul and then beat Florida State on their floor. This is the Albany region, so would get obviously difficult match-ups against South Carolina and U Conn to get to the final four.

upload_2018-3-3_7-52-42.png

Husker Ladies have not been getting much respect All Season! (Admittedly they had some early losses, but they are Not the same team as at the beginning of the season. My take is that the early difficulties were integral to their growth into the Force in the B1G they have become Today!)

Husker Ladies (21-9) (11-5) (1-0), Sagarin ranking: #51 47 (@ 3/3/18) (#167 @ 4/2/17)
We improved all of Four Places in Sagarin after dominating #20 Michigan, while they fell Two Places :eek:)

Sagarin Rankings as of 3/3/18:
upload_2018-3-3_11-51-41.png

Let's See: We are still well behind teams we have defeated: @ #32 Minnesota, @ #43 Rutgers, #30 Iowa (Twice), @ #35 Michigan State and scaring the pants off #22 Michigan, only to be saved by the Refs in our first game @ PBA.
Guess We'll have to Beat #14 Maryland Too!!!
Maybe we'll jump another Four Spots!

What in the world Is The Matter with Sagarin :Confused:

Last edited:
ESPN just dropped us out again due to George Washington upsetting Dayton in the A-10 semifinals. Dayton is a lock; so, the A-10 steals a bid.

There are a lot of games to play yet! :nod: Not only in the B1G Tournament, but a lot of so-called 'Bubble' Teams have games and they All are not going to Win!

From this morning's ESPN bracket update:
upload_2018-3-5_9-52-42.png

it continues to make no sense to me that how we did in non-conference before Christmas is weighted so much higher than how we did more recently against teams in our own conference.

Rutgers (20-12 overall, 7-9 in conference). So they are in because they went 13-2 against the non-conf schedule below (their other loss was the blowout to OSU in the B1G tourney)?

Only three true road games...apparently these are enough to overcome a 4 game deficit in the conference standings?

REGULAR SEASON
@ JMU W76-63
@ TEM W84-67
@ CHAR W77-54
vs WAKE W65-51
vs 3 SC L78-68
vs WMU W75-64
vs WSU L63-60
vs NCST W57-53
vs SIE W59-47
vs UVA W52-43
vs HALL W70-45
vs FDU W101-35
vs PRIN W70-50
vs HOU W75-57

From this morning's ESPN bracket update:
View attachment 15155

it continues to make no sense to me that how we did in non-conference before Christmas is weighted so much higher than how we did more recently against teams in our own conference.
If Rutgers or Minnesota made the semi-finals or finals in the B1G tourney, I 'might' understand this, but it's way beyond baffling.

If Rutgers or Minnesota made the semi-finals or finals in the B1G tourney, I 'might' understand this, but it's way beyond baffling.

I can accept Minnesota as we tied with them in the conference standings. Rutgers in over us would be a blatant mistake in my opinion.

With 30+ games, the goal of the team should be to improve each and every week, peaking at the end. It makes no sense that you'd rather have a team that was 13-2 before Christmas and 7-11 after... instead of a team that was basically the opposite.

I can accept Minnesota as we tied with them in the conference standings. Rutgers in over us would be a blatant mistake in my opinion.

With 30+ games, the goal of the team should be to improve each and every week, peaking at the end. It makes no sense that you'd rather have a team that was 13-2 before Christmas and 7-11 after... instead of a team that was basically the opposite.
Two teams going in completely different directions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back