• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Erstad

I think our problems this year are more related to the fact that four pitchers who were expected to contribute heavily have been injured all year, three of them having Tommy John surgery, than to the competence of the head coach. I think he has probably missed on some recruits, but I also feel last year's Big Ten championship buys him at least a year of equity. Plus, a lot of our talent is very young. Yes, it's been a disappointing year, but I think it's a little premature to be talking about scuttling the coaching staff.

Last edited:
I don't hold myself out to be an expert, but *** convinced me that it is the B1G's rules that is the factor most blameworthy for our performance this year. Unless you're the '90s Braves you can expect to have down years in baseball as well. All of that adds up to my opinion that Erstad should stay, however I'm not necessarily opposed to assistant coaching changes. Pitchers seem to get hurt at an alarming rate, and the bats have never been something to write home about under Kirby.

Injuries can really scuttle a season. I'm not thrilled with the program's growth to this point but I think he deserves to be back. Like others, I'd be ok with some changes on the staff. We'll likely have to settle for comparing ourselves to the rest of the B1G until the Big Ten rules catch up to modernity. Nothing wrong with Moos setting benchmarks for what progress looks like from here, though.

I don't hold myself out to be an expert, but *** convinced me that it is the B1G's rules that is the factor most blameworthy for our performance this year. Unless you're the '90s Braves you can expect to have down years in baseball as well. All of that adds up to my opinion that Erstad should stay, however I'm not necessarily opposed to assistant coaching changes. Pitchers seem to get hurt at an alarming rate, and the bats have never been something to write home about under Kirby.

I don't believe ***'s take was that Big Ten limitations was to blame for this season's performance. Instead, I believe he suggested it's the reason why Nebraska will always be limited when it comes to the national stage and postseason success.

If the Big Ten doesn't change their stupid rules, I would like us to drop baseball and add hockey instead. At least there we would have a chance of competing on a national level.

If the Big Ten doesn't change their stupid rules, I would like us to drop baseball and add hockey instead. At least there we would have a chance of competing on a national level.

Yep, I agree. Just like Wisconsin .... drop baseball, add hockey. Honestly, keep baseball and added hockey. Plus, Huskers Hockey will equal or exceed NU basketball attendees. (Pinnacle & Memorial)

ce2_jm.jpg

sjw.HKC_.TheBigChill.12-11-20100268.jpg

I believe this pictures was more than Pinnacle capacity :Biggrin:

Last edited:
Yep, I agree. Just like Wisconsin .... drop baseball, add hockey. Honestly, keep baseball and added hockey. Plus, Huskers Hockey will equal or exceed NU basketball attendees. (Pinnacle & Memorial)

ce2_jm.jpg

sjw.HKC_.TheBigChill.12-11-20100268.jpg

I believe this pictures was more than Pinnacle capacity :Biggrin:

Wow!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back