• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Erstad = Pelini

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I saw an excellent post on Twitter comparing the two, and the comparisons are uncanny.

I don't have to rehash them here, as many Husker fans know what each coach has done, and in my mind it's just enough to hang on. Only Pelini had two things going against him: Not a former NU player, and his temper. I imagine if Pelini was a safety at NU instead of OSU, he may very well still be here...

I don't have a Twitter account, so I don't know what these "uncanny" comparisons are. However, saying that "Erstad = Pelini" is kind of like saying "Man = Woman" because they both may have long hair.

You actually don't need to have a Twitter account to view/read Tweets.

I'd be curious to see what the Tweet is, but Cheese would need to post it.

Anyhow, I've always thought Erstad was a closer comparison to Miles than Bo.

The gist of the article was this: For everything positive you could say about Bo, you could counter it with something negative. It all depends on what you want to see, and what your expectations are. If you want to see Bo as a great coach, some, and I mean SOME basis is there. Same with Erstad.

Bo: He won 9 games a year
Bo: He lost the big ones

Bo: He went to a bowl game every year
Bo: He never took us to a New Years day bowl

Bo: He played for two conference titles
Bo: He didn't win any

Erstad: He took us to 3 of 5 regionals, a #2 seed in one of them
Erstad: He won one game total, Binghamton

Erstad: Conference champs, 2017
Erstad: Lost to non-schollies immediately after, Holy Cross and Yale

Erstad: Conference Coach of the Year
Erstad: Frank Solich, conference coach of the year.

On and on and on....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back