• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Erstad Fired Up

Coach Erstad usually protects his players, usually doesn't get into them in the public eye. He's had enough. Last week, after one of our games, the post game team meeting he called our team "garbage" and really lit in to them. Now, after we got no hit into the 7th inning and he had to yank a guy in the middle of an inning, he is changing things up. He stated that the media won't be getting the starting lineup ahead of time because it will all be decided by infield/outfield and BP for the day. It sounds like people are getting complacent and just going thru the motions on some things, when we have guys that are really hungry and have that fire that Erstad wants out of them.

Here is a short youtube video of our comeback yesterday with some quick snippets of what I just mentioned:
[video=youtube;Otj_2YL8gw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otj_2YL8gw4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Listened to his post game interview and saw this clip. You're right. Darin is sending a wake up call to the players, and I don't doubt for a minute that he'll put someone on the bench if they don't give the effort.

This team is capable. Darin knows it, and is going to lean on them until they perform.

I am all for this. I mean, when your pitcher is about to get a loss by giving up zero earned runs, that is a focus issue by your team both offensively and defensively...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Otj_2YL8gw4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Even though they struggled on Sunday, they did hang in there. Nice sweep for our Huskers :)

HuskerSweepBroom.gif

HuskerSweepBroom.gif

HuskerSweepBroom.gif

Last edited:

I don't really know what's going on attitude-wise with the team. The pitching seems fantastic lately but the bats and defense have lacked. Coach Miles had to show Deverell Biggs the door in order to help the team. If someone doesn't want to work hard or doesn't appreciate the opportunity, well......

Thanks for sharing the clip, ***. Darin has the drive and he will get it out of his players or they will ride the pine as it should be.

Thanks for sharing the clip, ***. Darin has the drive and he will get it out of his players or they will ride the pine as it should be.

I agree. We show flashes from time to time of how good we can be. It's amazing that Silva was getting blown up last week, and now he just had 3 pitchers pitch 3 straight complete games only giving up 2 earned runs. Consistency and we may have something...

I agree. We show flashes from time to time of how good we can be. It's amazing that Silva was getting blown up last week, and now he just had 3 pitchers pitch 3 straight complete games only giving up 2 earned runs. Consistency and we may have something...
This. I was so happy with the pitching this weekend, especially since our bats were colder than normal, and thought back to the talk about Silva not getting it done. Excited to go to my first game of the season Tuesday.

I agree. They look really good and then it's like they aren't college players. I think Darin is going to be a great coach as he was a great player....I can't wait to see them get their players here that they want and mold them. Exciting season happening with the sweep and 3 straight complete games.....has to be up there with one of the first's?

I don't really know what's going on attitude-wise with the team. The pitching seems fantastic lately but the bats and defense have lacked. Coach Miles had to show Deverell Biggs the door in order to help the team. If someone doesn't want to work hard or doesn't appreciate the opportunity, well......

I hope there is no reason for such extremes with this club. Surely, they are all trying. Hopefully, no one on the team is any where near the attitude of Biggs. :(

Also, to note: only 3 walks all weekend!!! :banana: Such control!!!!! :bow:

I agree. They look really good and then it's like they aren't college players. I think Darin is going to be a great coach as he was a great player....I can't wait to see them get their players here that they want and mold them. Exciting season happening with the sweep and 3 straight complete games.....has to be up there with one of the first's?

As I have said, Darin is a hard worker, and it will be what he demands out of EVERY player! Work hard, or you will be ....... :dighole:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back