• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Epic

alabamahusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
26C103F1-AB4E-4F6C-BBF8-64A8F3599854.jpeg

That is fantastic. Love it.

Desmond has never brought anything to College Game Day. His greatest contribution is the negative publicity he and the show received for his foot in the mouth comment, does a brother have to choke a b****. What an idiot. I’m sure he believes that this is Michigan’s year, once again. Why be an objective TV personality now when being a homer has worked so well.

He laughed his butt off that sign. His annoying laugh. Followed it with something like, good luck with that home opener. You wanted to play football NU? Here’s your first game. Hahahahah.

We were always going to play them in 2020 and we were probably going to lose no matter when we played them. So not that big of a deal really.

What Desmond fails to acknowledge is that doing what is right had nothing to do with wins and losses.

We could go 0-9 and that wouldn't change a thing. KW would still be wrong for how he canceled the season, and Dez would still be a giant douchecanoe.
He keeps proving that he is so far removed from being a player that he just doesn’t get it anymore.

He plays his role well
A week ago I thought that too. But he's kept pushing this weird anti-NU narrative on twitter and then again on TV. I can guarantee you, that is not what ESPN wants.

Listen, Gameday has always been about playful banter. This is the first time I remember one of their guys flat out going negative on a program. Then the false narrative about wanting to leave the B1G, which was never a thing. Yes, Herb got pissed about the voting stuff, but that was not the same. Yes, we all got kinda pissed at Mark May, but that was not this. This is Gameday, their CFB breadbasket, and one of the regulars has started a war of words with a big program.

Now? Desmond won't be fielding playful dialogue on campuses when NU fans are present. He's going to get ugly hate thrown his way. And that jackass deserves it. It won't be playful boos when he's talking. It will be a bunch of not-fit-for-TV nasty. ESPN brass should have cut him off at the knees after the first outburst.

A week ago I thought that too. But he's kept pushing this weird anti-NU narrative on twitter and then again on TV. I can guarantee you, that is not what ESPN wants.

Listen, Gameday has always been about playful banter. This is the first time I remember one of their guys flat out going negative on a program. Then the false narrative about wanting to leave the B1G, which was never a thing. Yes, Herb got pissed about the voting stuff, but that was not the same. Yes, we all got kinda pissed at Mark May, but that was not this. This is Gameday, their CFB breadbasket, and one of the regulars has started a war of words with a big program.

Now? Desmond won't be fielding playful dialogue on campuses when NU fans are present. He's going to get ugly hate thrown his way. And that jackass deserves it. It won't be playful boos when he's talking. It will be a bunch of not-fit-for-TV nasty. ESPN brass should have cut him off at the knees after the first outburst.
Good post Have a feeling I know why he's so negative on Nebraska and it has nothing to do with football

ESPN won’t do anything, and not sure
they should. He is an a-h and that isn’t going to change. It’s going to get worse before it gets better from the media all around. Tons of reporters from all over have been saying the same thing... “Nebraska got what it asked for.” “Scott Frost threaten to leave”.... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. It’s why I stopped watching the news a long time ago (terrible reporting etc) and why I am not watching ESPN Gameday etc. as it’ll probably just cause me to get PO and that isn’t healthy.
I hope this is truly a year that brings this team together. The time will come eventually where we can start to show the B1G and others we are a force again. And if I’m still above dirt when we become a serious player again, if you think we’re obnoxious now..... Like the Joker said, “Wait till they get a load of me.”

Last edited:

Desmond just isn't very smart. There is nothing he can do about that. ESPN is the real villain.
I didn’t like Desmond before all of this because I don’t think he adds anything of value and he’s wrong a lot on his analysis. One of those guys where just because you were a good football player doesn’t make you a good coach or commentator. I stopped watching game day last year, not solely because of Des, and will continue to not watch it this year just because I don’t think it’s worth my time. Kind of sad because I used to enjoy watching it back in the day.

I didn’t like Desmond before all of this because I don’t think he adds anything of value and he’s wrong a lot on his analysis. One of those guys where just because you were a good football player doesn’t make you a good coach or commentator. I stopped watching game day last year, not solely because of Des, and will continue to not watch it this year just because I don’t think it’s worth my time. Kind of sad because I used to enjoy watching it back in the day.
Agree 100%. ESPN seems to enjoy piling on. Desmond and Herbstreit have never coached... they are both former players who became broadcast journalist. So in reality, they are no more qualified to talk about football than I am.

The big problem with game day is that it is too long. Aren’t we up to 3 hours on the show? Way too much fluff crap. An hour and a half would be plenty.

I mean the handy capper “the bear guy” is not really that great. I think they showed his last year results and he was maybe 1-2 games over .500.

The show has just got too big and because of that it’s “stars” have become a little too self important.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back