• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Emily Wood Florishes at Nebraska

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Here is an excellent article on Emily Wood in the Salina (KS) Journal!

Now a junior at the University of Nebraska, Wood states without hesitation she made the correct call when she chose to join the Cornhuskers women’s basketball program as a walk-on out of high school.

“Never once to this day have I had a doubt in my mind that I made the right choice,” Wood said. “I can say with 100 percent certainty that I am where I am supposed to be.
Entering Saturday night’s game, Wood has appeared in every game (13) with the Cornhuskers as a junior, again in a reserve role but is averaging nearly 10 minutes a game. She is also second on the team in 3-point percentage (8 of 21, 38.1 percent), which was one of her specialties at the high school level.
Wood is also playing for a new coaching staff this season. In early April, Yori announced her resignation after 14 seasons as the team’s head coach. Almost a week later, Nebraska officials named Amy Williams, a former Husker player, as Yori’s replacement.

“Coach Yori and her staff believed in me and gave me a chance and I will always appreciate them. But I also knew when the turmoil arose, at Nebraska they were going to hire someone great and they did.”

A Big Ten Distinguished Scholar, Wood is scheduled to graduate in May, after three years on campus, but is applying for graduate school and expects to continues to play basketball in her final season with the Cornhuskers.

http://www.salina.com/sports/local/...cle_99f856d7-3d4c-5351-9981-086e687cec67.html

Emily could be a Rhodes Scholar, she is that good. Amazing young lady. I love her loyalty to NU (her younger sister is now enrolled at NU also). Team player all the way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back