• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Electric Pressure cooker

chicago husker

Da Bears
5 Year Member
Just bought an instant pot electric pressure cooker and wondered if anyone has used one and what their thoughts are on it.

We use ours a lot. I really like it for chicken quarters. Debone the meat for the wife and I. Grind up the skin, bones and connective tissue for a doggie treat. Throw some veggies and spices in after and make soup stock. I gets my money worth out of some cheap chicken. Also great for reconstituting small batches of dry beans for a single meal.

I love carnitas, how did it turn out? Sounds delicious and its lunchtime. Wish I could find some around here.

I made the refried beans in the pressure cooker and they were easy and great. The carnitas i made in the oven i use a recipe from serious eats website that is out of this world good. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/07/no-waste-tacos-de-carnitas-with-salsa-verde-recipe.html
take some of the salsa verde and mix with the shredded pork then place under broiler until a bit crunchy in spots and the salsa verde glazes on the pork. best part it can be made ahead of time and broil as much as you want. i am on day 3 of heaven with them.

I made the refried beans in the pressure cooker and they were easy and great. The carnitas i made in the oven i use a recipe from serious eats website that is out of this world good. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/07/no-waste-tacos-de-carnitas-with-salsa-verde-recipe.html
take some of the salsa verde and mix with the shredded pork then place under broiler until a bit crunchy in spots and the salsa verde glazes on the pork. best part it can be made ahead of time and broil as much as you want. i am on day 3 of heaven with them.
Excellent. I looked at a bunch of recipes last year and kind of came up with my own and they were delicious. I'll check your link out for sure. I made tacos with mine. Alas, the pictures are all on the phone that I donated to whomever stole it, down in Jamaica. Made mango salsa and a pickled cabbage for toppings and damned if they weren't delicious. Thanks for the link. Good eating!

Excellent. I looked at a bunch of recipes last year and kind of came up with my own and they were delicious. I'll check your link out for sure. I made tacos with mine. Alas, the pictures are all on the phone that I donated to whomever stole it, down in Jamaica. Made mango salsa and a pickled cabbage for toppings and damned if they weren't delicious. Thanks for the link. Good eating!

I do love mango salsa and pickled cabbage. post your recipes

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back