• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eight former Iowa football players seek $20 million, Kirk Ferentz's firing over racial discrimination

Ex-Iowa RB Akrum Wadley says playing for Hawkeyes 'was a living nightmare'

But he and his mom pleaded with Ferentz to offer his younger brother. Must have been out of the spotlight too long. These stories are basically like when Daishon Neal tweeted that kneeling for the anthem wrecked his college football career.

These kinds of deals are starting to sound and smell like Benjamin hunts. Not all, but enough that it taints even the legitimate ones.

If the university agrees to a settlement, it would be viewed by the public as an admission of guilt and would likely spur similar lawsuits from former players, said two legal experts who reviewed documents about the potential case at the Register’s request. But allowing the matter to go to trial would potentially put Ferentz and his program under a cloud of doubt for months, making it difficult to recruit Black athletes and leading to depositions and cross-examinations of him and his coaching staff that could prove embarrassing.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...imination-lawsuit-no-easy-way-out/3713561001/

I know Iowa is the enemy, but you gotta hope this isnt true, and this is just a fishing 4 cash expidition. We dont need more publicity like this in our conference, regardless of team. Penn St gave enuf negativity for 1 decade.
I'm with ya. I despise Iowa, but if this isn't true to the extreme being represented, I'd rather have our play on the field be their downfall then some false narrative for money.

But he and his mom pleaded with Ferentz to offer his younger brother. Must have been out of the spotlight too long. These stories are basically like when Daishon Neal tweeted that kneeling for the anthem wrecked his college football career.
Looking for a few extra bucks and they don't care who they hurt to get them.

Or maybe him and his mom hate the brother?

I always liked Daishon Neal, seemed like a bright, sensitive, good guy; but he was never anywhere near getting on the field before he kneeled. Jeeze, make a virtue out of necessity; claim martyrdom. I have always defended their actions and right (to kneel). Neal just never got it done on the field, that was reality.

Last edited:
If the university agrees to a settlement, it would be viewed by the public as an admission of guilt and would likely spur similar lawsuits from former players, said two legal experts who reviewed documents about the potential case at the Register’s request. But allowing the matter to go to trial would potentially put Ferentz and his program under a cloud of doubt for months, making it difficult to recruit Black athletes and leading to depositions and cross-examinations of him and his coaching staff that could prove embarrassing.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa/footbalWhite athletesl/2020/10/21/iowa-football-gary-barta-kirk-ferentz-have-much-stake-race-discrimination-lawsuit-no-easy-way-out/3713561001/
This should cause a pause for White athletes as well, as a good moral person of any color should dip their toes before jumping in.

I could represent Iowa in this. “So we owe you millions based on your experience with racism here, but here are your texts about how Iowa and Kirk Ferentz should offer your brother. Are you lying? Or did you hate your brother and wanted to subject him to abuse that you feel is worth 10 figures in damages?”

Yep. They're hoping that the threat of the trial is enough to get the University to pay up, and to NOT go to trial and have them have to go on record about things like this

I always liked Daishon Neal, seemed like a bright, sensitive, good guy; but he was never anywhere near getting on the field before he kneeled. Jeeze, make a virtue out of necessity; claim martyrdom. I have always defended their actions and right (to kneel). Neal just never got it done on the field, that was reality.
Considering the other two guys he knelt with were multiple years starters, I would say his kneeling had zero to do with his lack of playing time.

Last edited:

It is not entirely free to retain a lawyer to write even one letter for you, particularly if the lawyer has had to do some research on the case before doing that. And even in contingent fee cases, there are expenses. So let's see if a claim is filed.

If it is, then it gets more serious, expenses go up, and the question of what the plaintiffs want becomes more interesting. Right now it seems to be dueling press releases.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back