• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eight former Iowa football players seek $20 million, Kirk Ferentz's firing over racial discrimination

Sipple says Ferentz will retire after this year. Sip says we won’t beat them this year. His son won’t get promoted now over this either but that’s ok with me.

Last edited:

I could represent Iowa in this. “So we owe you millions based on your experience with racism here, but here are your texts about how Iowa and Kirk Ferentz should offer your brother. Are you lying? Or did you hate your brother and wanted to subject him to abuse that you feel is worth 10 figures in damages?”

Given that he's likely nearing retirement anyway, I imagine the university will see the end of this season as good timing.

Eight Black former University of Iowa football players are seeking $20 million in compensation and for athletics director Gary Barta, head coach Kirk Ferentz and assistant coach Brian Ferentz to be fired over what they contend was intentional racial discrimination during their Hawkeye careers.

I have posted before that I don’t get how no one said anything while they were there,or after they left.My understanding is that this supposedly went on for years.Keep the faith.GBR.

The key will be what are the damages you incurred. Did you not get a shot at the NFL? Did you have to go to a psychiatrist because of the mental damage? If you can not show damages you get no money.

All that said the longer this goes on for Iowa the more it will hurt their recruiting. My gues is there will be a settlement. Just so it will end.

Sipple says Ferentz will retire after this year. Sip says we won’t beat them this year. His son won’t get promoted now over this either but that’s ok with me.
If Sipple is on to something here, then we need to send the Ferentz clan out with a loss before they are gone. I mean, we need to beat Iowa regardless, but I can't stand the idea of Ferentz walking away with six straight wins.

To me the ideal scenario is (1) NU beats Iowa this season; (2) Ferentz & Son are both gone after the season; (3) Iowa makes a hire that is as "successful" as Callahan and Riley were at NU; and (4) Keegan Johnson then comes to his senses, buries the hatchet, and flips to NU.

1) I hope this works out how it should based on facts and nothing else.
2) This laid somewhat dormant for a while since the press conferences etc. during the pandemic, but I would imagine this new development has to bring some additional distraction to an already crazy year.
3) If we don’t beat them this year, after replacing their QB, all their distractions, another year in Frost’s system etc.. that will be beyond poor....
4) Should this lawsuit come to fruition and coaching and administrative changes emerge it will be interesting to see how that unfolds.

Finally, with all this going on with Iowa, the hatchet from the Johnson family must be buried incredibly deep for them to still want to keep the course. Would love to know what that’s about.

GBR

It definitely will be interesting how this plays out. Is the the current environment across the country pushing this? Is it legitimate? Will we now see a flood of lawsuits across the country affecting numerous colleges and universities?

Let's hope this does not have a cascading effect across the country. If there was legitimate discrimination and racial epithets by their coaching staff, actions need to be taken. If not, they need to fight it and not settle as this could give rise to additional lawsuits that have no merit.

Like we need this additional ugliness in 2020!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back