• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Egg Bowl - Kiffin watch

It's possible Auburn isn't really interested in hiring Kiffin for some legitimate concerns. He does however have a career record of .654 which is pretty good imo. There are however other concerns that Auburn doesn't want to deal with regarding him? I tend to think he'll be right where he is now next season.

If Nebraska even entertains the idea of hiring Kiffin, I will officially end my love affair with Nebraska. Kiffin ain't coming to Lincoln.

I went back to reacquaint myself with Kiffin’s history. Reading through wikipedia, I’m reminded that not only is the guy a total diva, but he’s also not that great of a coach.

Lane Kiffin
I think he may have matured some in the last few years. But yeah, his history makes me think that Alberts never seriously considered him as a candidate for the Nebraska job.

Ole Miss got hosed on that call last night with the backwards pass. First, the officials came out and said there was an inadvertent whistle and the play didn't count and the down would be re-played. Then they came back and said the previous play was under review. How is the play (that they just said didn't count and would be re-played) reviewable.

Also, in the replay, you can see at least one of the refs blowing his whistle to call the play dead before the ball was recovered. So that, in itself, ends the play anyway. So it should have either been Ole Miss ball at the orignal LOS to replay the down . . . or it should have been Ole Miss ball at the point of the ball hitting the ground and the ref blowing the play dead.

Ole Miss got hosed on that call last night with the backwards pass. First, the officials came out and said there was an inadvertent whistle and the play didn't count and the down would be re-played. Then they came back and said the previous play was under review. How is the play (that they just said didn't count and would be re-played) reviewable.

Also, in the replay, you can see at least one of the refs blowing his whistle to call the play dead before the ball was recovered. So that, in itself, ends the play anyway. So it should have either been Ole Miss ball at the orignal LOS to replay the down . . . or it should have been Ole Miss ball at the point of the ball hitting the ground and the ref blowing the play dead.
I'm wondering about the immediate recovery rule after that one. A Miss player was in a spot to pick up the ball and then stopped when the whistle blew. Are we now saying keep going even after a whistle? Sounds like a good way to get a personal foul called.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back