• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eduardo Andre 6’ 10” center commits!!

:Welcome: Eduardo Andre (from Dallas, TX)

Love seeing the "competition" to be the '1st' to report news in the Forum! :Salute:

(Born in Angola, came to us via London where he grew up playing soccer, to Dallas, TX where he started playing BB @ 14, first popping up on the Rivals.com radar last spring at the Pangos All-American Camp.)

That said, I think we may have got a good one; from out-of-the-blue! From what I understand he was formerly in the Rivals '150' but dropped out because he had transferred HS's, (AZ) was ineligible to play (at the beginning of the season) &, therefore not evaluated. I also read that he chose us over the likes of Illinois, Boston College, Maryland, Northwestern, Texas A&M & San Diego St.

Here is some video from his Sr. Year (Looks like just the same shot, or play, over & over :Lol:)

Last edited:
Some more video Highlights (from 2016/17)
(He looks comfortable shooting the trey)

Andre's pledge means Nebraska has filled its scholarship limit for the upcoming season. He joins junior college transfers Lat Mayan and Teddy Allen in Nebraska's 2020 class, along with transfers Trey McGowens, Kobe King and Kobe Webster. He said he understands that there will be challenges associated with being the only true freshman on Nebraska's roster.

Last edited:
I love the way this kid looks! He's really raw, but this is exactly what I believe Fred was looking for, far more than some of the big, thick 7 footers people think of as the classic 5. The kid runs like a deer, he actually looked pretty comfortable shooting from range, and he can block shots. Yvan is a much thicker player, and when we play some of the heavier, stronger inside players, we can put Yvan on them, and let a guy like Andre play offside and be the shot blocker. It's hard to tell from the limited film, but he looks to have decent hands when receiving the ball, which is really critical if you want him to trail the play and finish. The only question I have is rebounding, but I'm really excited we got a player I think is a perfect Fred 4/5.

I love the way this kid looks! He's really raw, but this is exactly what I believe Fred was looking for, far more than some of the big, thick 7 footers people think of as the classic 5. The kid runs like a deer, he actually looked pretty comfortable shooting from range, and he can block shots. Yvan is a much thicker player, and when we play some of the heavier, stronger inside players, we can put Yvan on them, and let a guy like Andre play offside and be the shot blocker. It's hard to tell from the limited film, but he looks to have decent hands when receiving the ball, which is really critical if you want him to trail the play and finish. The only question I have is rebounding, but I'm really excited we got a player I think is a perfect Fred 4/5.

Yeah, I agree. The staff struck out on a few more polished bigs, but all things considered, this isn’t a bad pickup. We really don’t need him this year. Get him lifting weights and practicing, the staff will find out what they got in a year.

6’10”, A- athleticism, runs the floor very well. The nice thing about our system is you don't need a post with good post moves. Ability to get out in transition, pick and roll, and decent hands will work. It looks like he will be able to alter some shots on defense which is good.

Yeah, I agree. The staff struck out on a few more polished bigs, but all things considered, this isn’t a bad pickup. We really don’t need him this year. Get him lifting weights and practicing, the staff will find out what they got in a year.

6’10”, A- athleticism, runs the floor very well. The nice thing about our system is you don't need a post with good post moves. Ability to get out in transition, pick and roll, and decent hands will work. It looks like he will be able to alter some shots on defense which is good.
I hope you are right! He's an interesting prospect - could be a monster if he fills out. Or he could be a better dunking Kelly Lively (no offense Mr. Lively).

I hope you are right! He's an interesting prospect - could be a monster if he fills out. Or he could be a better dunking Kelly Lively (no offense Mr. Lively).

Kelly Lively haha, that’s a blast from the past! HHC did a Then and Now with KL a few years ago...

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/home/nebrasketball/then-038-now-kelly-lively-r37/

As for Andre goes, who knows. Posts are hard to scout and project if they aren’t facing elite competition. Sometimes their bodies and coordination just come together in a few months and sometimes their bodies just go in the same amount of time. Not sure what we got here but definitely don’t mind taking a flyer on that frame and raw athleticism. We’ll know in about a year if he’s going to stick at this level or get over-recruited by the staff. One thing about Hoiberg is that he’s not going to keep a long-term development project on the roster for more than a year or two. Hoping that he comes in and can compete for minutes right away.

Film is interesting - most of the offensive touches shown came from defensive failure to rotate, then a dunk. Would like to have seen more but as earlier poster said hard to evaluate without equal big on the other side. Hopefully he shows enough that he sticks around to develop.

It's funny, in the few looks we get of him actually shooting (not just dunking), he's got a pretty fluid motion. But he almost never looks to shoot a basic jump shot with his back to the basket. If I'm the staff, the first thing I do is work daily on his developing a quick jump hook. He can get that off before his posting up becomes a 2 out of 3 falls Death Match, that his body doesn't look built for. That's usually an easy teach if a kid has the smooth in his release, and his free throws looked like he does.

You mentioned lifting, and I agree, he needs a little more size, but he's got some good definition, so he's not physically immature at this point. They might want to focus on increasing his quickness, because he does move a little like who tends to play like the bigger man. In many cases, he'll be smaller, and needs to use some quickness and athleticism to create advantages over the guys covering him.

One or two of the guys we were supposed to be looking at didn't seem to fit what Fred likes to run, and I think they figured that out too. One of the guys looked to be similar to the kid from Iowa who is a beast in the lane, but couldn't outrun my grandma. That just didn't make sense if we want a guy who can be on the court for solid minutes in every game on the schedule.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back