• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Edge-rusher and Former No. 1 Overall CFB Recruit Jaelan Phillips to transfer from UCLA

We need more clarification on the definition of "Thug". I'm pretty sure REDo was not referring to dangerous criminals....

Suh was a nasty, borderline dirty playing "Thug" on the field, wasn't he?
Exactly but a few on the line of criminal were there in our TO days.

Exactly but a few on the line of criminal were there in our TO days.
Very true. Basically we need a lot more attitude. The 90's Huskers are obvious but I remember Broderick Thomas and the brash, arrogant element that he brought to the defense.

Very true. Basically we need a lot more attitude. The 90's Huskers are obvious but I remember Broderick Thomas and the brash, arrogant element that he brought to the defense.

“Thurman walked by,” NU defensive end Broderick Thomas said, “and right in front of our whole defense said, “You guys won’t be able to stop me one-on-one. It will take all 11 of you.’
“He went off like the Tasmanian devil had jumped in his heart. I almost fell on the ground laughing.”

although the best quote in the article by far was this one talking about thurman thomas

His 140-yard average per game and streak of five straight 100-yard games crashed in the face of a Blackshirt blast that limited him to 7 yards in nine carries.
“His number is 34,” cornerback Charles Fryar said. “And 3 and 4 is 7. That’s what he got.”

Read more: https://dataomaha.com/huskers/history/game/1987-10-17-oklahoma-state#ixzz5e1t7Mgq9

We need more clarification on the definition of "Thug". I'm pretty sure REDo was not referring to dangerous criminals....

Suh was a nasty, borderline dirty playing "Thug" on the field, wasn't he?
I don't think Suh ever sacrificed any victims to Kali, the Indian god of war. Therefore, he wasn't a Thug. QED. Words are fun. ;)

I don't think Suh ever sacrificed any victims to Kali, the Indian god of war. Therefore, he wasn't a Thug. QED. Words are fun. ;)

you don't remember him throwing that all big 12 center right out of the stadium? colt mccoys final pass hit the railing before he even landed.

We had a guy that had a bullet stuck in his butt playing for us because removing it might lead to an arrest (or so went the rumor).

We had a guy that was the ward of a state that constantly got into fights with people.

TO hid a gun once!

I was on campus during the 90's run, we had some serious thugs. You need some thugs to win consistently. You need those people that are scary af and will push the other players because no one wants to face them after practice/game when you were lazy.

In the 90's I could bench 360lbs and hit the urinal from 12 feet away. Last I checked this isn't the 90's and I am lucky to hit the urinal standing right next to it and don't ask about my bench. Different times, and thugs don't win games good players and coaches do, but a little attitude wouldn't be a bad thing.

In the 90's I could bench 360lbs and hit the urinal from 12 feet away. Last I checked this isn't the 90's and I am lucky to hit the urinal standing right next to it and don't ask about my bench. Different times, and thugs don't win games good players and coaches do, but a little attitude wouldn't be a bad thing.
You need more than a little attitude is what I'm saying.

I'm sure you understand that we have had our share of some pretty nasty, even thuggish players in some of our more successful years. There were plenty of guys you knew were trouble the second they walked into a bar or a party. The difference was they weren't running in front of a camera and proudly showing their thug attitude, or acting like fools on the football field, but don't believe for a minute there weren't thugs in our program.
Like who?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back