• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Earn Your Single Digit: lowest roster number is #10

Deion is taking the concept further - making everybody earn their number.

Which is stupid, because no matter how crappy you are, everybody has to have a number by game day. It's literally an NCAA rule. You can't trot out wearing numberless jerseys.

This is a perfect illustration of how to set up small incentives and rewards. Rhule understands that creating a limited supply will increase competition. Deion doesn't get that everybody will eventually be handed a number, regardless of their crap level.

If I can figure that out in 15 seconds, I expect all the kids on Deion's roster are already hip to the fact that they can just laze through practices and still get a number assigned to them.
Having everyone earn there number seems a lot more reasonable than cherry picking positions to earn it. Set parameters and 1st ones to earn it is awarded a jersey number Of choice. Similar to awarding a blackshirt I’m thinking.
I have read zero into how sCUm is handling it or really the intricate details of how rhule is, and it is not gonna make or break either program, but I guess I do see how one way is “stupid” yet another way is just hunky-dory…

Having everyone earn there number seems a lot more reasonable than cherry picking positions to earn it. Set parameters and 1st ones to earn it is awarded a jersey number Of choice. Similar to awarding a blackshirt I’m thinking.
I have read zero into how sCUm is handling it or really the intricate details of how rhule is, and it is not gonna make or break either program, but I guess I do see how one way is “stupid” yet another way is just hunky-dory…

With Rhule if you really want that single digit number - but fail to earn it - you're gonna get some random old number.

With Deion if you really want a jersey number - but fail to earn it - you're still gonna get a jersey number.

Except his son, he already got his number.

Except his son, he already got his number.
No he didn't already get his number. He has a blank practice jersey as well. The ignorant hullabaloo online is regarding the s2s on the front of his helmet which has NO bearing on his jersey number. It's the team motto and a line out of our fight song, "Shoulder to Shoulder" and it's on EVERYONE'S helmet. SMH

Attachments

• S2S.png
    S2S.png
    994 KB · Views: 41

No he didn't already get his number. He has a blank practice jersey as well. The ignorant hullabaloo online is regarding the s2s on the front of his helmet which has NO bearing on his jersey number. It's the team motto and a line out of our fight song, "Shoulder to Shoulder" and it's on EVERYONE'S helmet. SMH
Huh, I read somewhere this morning that he had his number. Makes way more sense this way, thanks.

With Rhule if you really want that single digit number - but fail to earn it - you're gonna get some random old number.

With Deion if you really want a jersey number - but fail to earn it - you're still gonna get a jersey number.
With Deion, if you want a single digit number - but fail to earn it - you’re gonna get some random old number

With Deion, if you really want a jersey number (let’s say 33) - but fail to earn it - your gonna get some random old number

With rhule and you want 33 you’ll get it no questions asked…

Your making no sense duck

In this article, allegedly there are 8 single digits available:
Sanders said there are only eight single digits available for the team. No. 2 was gone, and he hands out No. 1.

It doesn't say why number 2 is gone, I think some are just assuming why it is gone.

I'm way behind on this, but just read some quotes about how Newsome wants to get his #6 back. It made me think of that there's two layers of this once you get it running. 1) The appeal of earning one in general (and keeping someone like a Decoldest Crawford or Tyreke Johnson who hasn't done anything yet) but also 2) The motivation to keep yours once you earn it. Especially for a dude like Newsome, no one's probably touching him for the CB1 job, but if he can 5% more motivation from this I think it's worth it.

Also, the only position that can't earn it is OL. So if you want OL bought in on the same thing, set aside some numbers in 50-79 that they can earn. Maybe you tie it so they can get retired legends numbers or something.

I'm way behind on this, but just read some quotes about how Newsome wants to get his #6 back. It made me think of that there's two layers of this once you get it running. 1) The appeal of earning one in general (and keeping someone like a Decoldest Crawford or Tyreke Johnson who hasn't done anything yet) but also 2) The motivation to keep yours once you earn it. Especially for a dude like Newsome, no one's probably touching him for the CB1 job, but if he can 5% more motivation from this I think it's worth it.

Also, the only position that can't earn it is OL. So if you want OL bought in on the same thing, set aside some numbers in 50-79 that they can earn. Maybe you tie it so they can get retired legends numbers or something.

you mean like what colorado is doing? word around here is there is no motivation for double digit numbers...

truthfully im not a fan of it, but if you do it then if should be every jersey number (not everyone strives for a single digit) and those that earn them 1st get first choice of numbers. simple not complicated. something like the blackshirts, 1st team players get first choice...

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back