• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Early signing day grades by position coach

3 leaving would be crazy to me. I'm not saying I disagree but given all of the loyalty and continuity talk this would run counter to that in a big way, IMO.

Maybe the definition of loyalty is simply not firing them? If they take another opportunity, maybe that isn't SF being disloyal....kind of a grey area.

Just a question, but is Keith Williams still in Lincoln? I still think he was just a beast of a receivers coach and a good recruiter too.
He attracted top flight talent. Couldn't close for crap.
Good teacher, but too many demons for Scott I would assume.

I can see up to 3 changes in the coaching ranks. Wouldn't be surprised to see Beckton go and even for the right situation, potentially Walters.

lol... i'll let it pass. Anyone thinking that hasn't done their research. Super good at drinking and driving though.

"Who's do you have for insurance" - lady he ran into

"Blue Cross Blue Shield" - KW

I laugh everytime I think about that

I have no problem taking a little heat and criticism. And I do admit, I have not looked back at what he did. I thought our receiver at the time did do a good job. But other than JD and Stanley its been a bit dry at the position.

I have no problem taking a little heat and criticism. And I do admit, I have not looked back at what he did. I thought our receiver at the time did do a good job. But other than JD and Stanley its been a bit dry at the position.
Ya, and Morgan didn't even commit to him, here's who he brought in:

Lavan Alston - transferred out
JD Spielman - HIT!
Derrion Grim - transferred out
Jaevon McQuitty - miss
Tyjon Lindsey - transferred out
Keyshawn Johnson Jr - transferred out

Throw in Dez Fitzpatrick and Jamire Calvin who basically toyed with him and he was a disaster as a recruiter. Frost actually laughed when people said we needed to keep him for his recruiting, because WR and DB were the two spots identified that we needed immediate help due to numbers. I think he's really good at developing relationships, but there's a reason Nebraska was his first and only P5 job.

I won't be shocked or upset if it turns out there are 3 coaches who leave. By any objective measure, other than recruiting, the current coaching staff collectively has not done a very good job so far in the two years they have been here (9-15 record). We all know what the definition of insanity is.......
images.jpeg

I won't be shocked or upset if it turns out there are 3 coaches who leave. By any objective measure, other than recruiting, the current coaching staff collectively has not done a very good job so far in the two years they have been here (9-15 record). We all know what the definition of insanity is.......
images.jpeg
I think we were supposed to have 3, but it's going to end up only being two if Walters takes off. I'm fine with that. They need to show results in year 3, you can't keep giving us excuses why it isn't working. If it was anyone other than Frost they'd be gone right now. With that said, Frost knew he had the backing so he was able to go about it differently than other coaches would that knew they wouldn't have as long of a leash. For example, other coaches probably are trying to keep around Avery Roberts, Tyjon Lindsey, and other guys just to get talent on the field. Frost didn't think they fit the culture, so he processed them. With that in mind, Frost may be building a stronger foundation that can hold a higher ceiling. That's what we are all hoping at least, because the record should be better than what it's been.

I think we were supposed to have 3, but it's going to end up only being two if Walters takes off. I'm fine with that. They need to show results in year 3, you can't keep giving us excuses why it isn't working. If it was anyone other than Frost they'd be gone right now. With that said, Frost knew he had the backing so he was able to go about it differently than other coaches would that knew they wouldn't have as long of a leash. For example, other coaches probably are trying to keep around Avery Roberts, Tyjon Lindsey, and other guys just to get talent on the field. Frost didn't think they fit the culture, so he processed them. With that in mind, Frost may be building a stronger foundation that can hold a higher ceiling. That's what we are all hoping at least, because the record should be better than what it's been.
Good post. I should just hit the Like button, but I refuse to use the Like button because it is my little impotent anti-Facebook protest to not give "Likes." ;)

Ya, and Morgan didn't even commit to him, here's who he brought in:

Lavan Alston - transferred out
JD Spielman - HIT!
Derrion Grim - transferred out
Jaevon McQuitty - miss
Tyjon Lindsey - transferred out
Keyshawn Johnson Jr - transferred out

Throw in Dez Fitzpatrick and Jamire Calvin who basically toyed with him and he was a disaster as a recruiter. Frost actually laughed when people said we needed to keep him for his recruiting, because WR and DB were the two spots identified that we needed immediate help due to numbers. I think he's really good at developing relationships, but there's a reason Nebraska was his first and only P5 job.
I will be interesting to see what develops. I guess what I am seeing sai that there is certainly a difference in the B1G and group of 5. can you hit it big once in a while, sure, but it looks like there has been a heck of a wake-up call so far.

certainly have under-performed to a high degree. And to get pushed around like we do is alarming. My biggest ah haa moment of the year was Illinois... those guys beat the tar our of us physically.

I will be interesting to see what develops. I guess what I am seeing sai that there is certainly a difference in the B1G and group of 5. can you hit it big once in a while, sure, but it looks like there has been a heck of a wake-up call so far.
I think KW is a great motivator, and a pretty good coach for small WRs that need to be quick and start/stop on a dime. His methods aren't exactly great for the bigger guys, which quite honestly may have been why we are in the position we are in now.

certainly have under-performed to a high degree. And to get pushed around like we do is alarming. My biggest ah haa moment of the year was Illinois... those guys beat the tar our of us physically.
They were hitting us real hard, they weren't scared at all. If we would have played them later in the season I fear we would be 4-8 again.

They were hitting us real hard, they weren't scared at all. If we would have played them later in the season I fear we would be 4-8 again.
I'm just glad our offense tired out their D that day otherwise that could have been another loss. Although we probably shouldn't have been in that position with the turnovers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back