• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Early NU-OSU spread: Decimal in wrong place? Eleven Warriors (OSU fan site)

Not sure I have seen such low expectations for a Husker team before. We are better than what this thread would have us believe. Not saying Nebraska will win; although, I think it is certainly possible. But really dislike the attitude of "I hope we don't get throttled and that only happens if tOSU makes that decision" as if Husker coaching and playing matters little.
Is there anything that has happened in the last 18 years that would say we have a chance to beat the spread against Ohio State. Personally, I will be pleasantly surprised if we hung around close to the spread. You can have all the hope and optimism in the world but it's not going to make a lick of difference in Saturday's outcome. My hope is we don't get embarrassed. My expectation is something like 49-17. Sorry.

I’m not calling a blowout, but I’m not ruling one out either. Playing them early should help some, and no fans, but until I see this team do something it’s hard to think otherwise. Maybe they will buck up like you suggest, I think we’d all love that.

Do I think it is possible that Nebraska gets blown out? Given game history, I think it would be foolish to discount that possibility. That is different though than expecting a blowout. tOSU is, IMO, one of the best programs in college football today. They were last year too. The question is, has Nebraska improved and if so, by how much? The defense... cannot perform worse. AM and the offense should be improved and with a new OC, tOSU should not be able to prepare as well for Nebraska as they have in the past, especially since there is no game film to study. Nebraska knows tOSU. Nebraska knows better what to expect in the game. Game prep matters. How good is Coach Frost and the staff?

Last edited:
I don't like the OSU fan base, so I'm okay if they don't like us.

Ohio State fans are like the stereotypical HS jock in a bad movie. They are good, they now they are good, and they are going to rub your face in it every chance they get. We may have rallied the troops to stop the monster from destroying the town, but that doesn't mean they will stop shoving us into the locker every chance they get.

I predict Nebraska will hang fairly tough with Ohio State for 2 quarters. Ohio State will make adjustments at halftime and blow us out of the water. The over/under tells me that they expect us to score some points.

Difference in fan bases right now.

One hopes their team pounds the other

One just hopes their team survives
When we came into the Big 10 we were essentially their equal, maybe a half-step behind. Then one school hires Urban Meyer and the other hires Mike Riley. Oh, how times have changed.

Do I think it is possible that Nebraska gets blown out? Given game history, I think it would be foolish to discount that possibility. That is different though than expecting a blowout. tOSU is, IMO, one of the best programs in college football today. They were last year too. The question is, has Nebraska improved and if so, by how much? The defense... cannot perform worse. AM and the offense should be improved and with a new OC, tOSU should not be able to prepare as well for Nebraska as they have in the past, especially since there is no game film to study. Nebraska knows tOSU. Nebraska knows better what to expect in the game. Game prep matters. How good is Coach Frost and the staff?
If we can get some stops against Fields and their offense, the score will be respectable. I'm not sure we are going to get many stops though. The mobile tOSU QBs (Miller, Barrett, Fields) seem to be nearly unstoppable when they play us. We did reasonably well against Haskins, who was more of a pure passer.

If we can get some stops against Fields and their offense, the score will be respectable. I'm not sure we are going to get many stops though. The mobile tOSU QBs (Miller, Barrett, Fields) seem to be nearly unstoppable when they play us. We did reasonably well against Haskins, who was more of a pure passer.
I have confidence that assuming we play a full schedule this team gets better as the year goes on. I have little to no confidence that we are ready to hang within three touchdowns of OSU. What's the over under on number of times OSU punts? 3? Looking forward to Nebraska football but for me personally this start sucks as a devastating loss could create a hangover for a team that hasn't proved it can be mentally strong. I sure hope I am wrong, but in my opinion this team could have really used some confidence boosting type wins before tackling Ohio State and Wisky.

I think we cover and I'm going to stick w/ my number from the season prediction thread … close for a half to three quarters, but Buckeyes pull away late 38 - 17.

Giving up almost 6 yds a carry last season, and replacing the DL with guys who were not better than the starters last year....and seeing they have an All American OL guy, and depth in the OL....and a great QB. They'll score a bunch of points. Can we come close to keeping pace? I think we'll not cover the spread.

Next year....

Maybe all the stars will align Saturday, NU is well overdo for that so we shall see.

Maybe all the stars will align Saturday, NU is well overdo for that so we shall see.
I have no confidence but what you say is true. I see underdogs winning every Saturday. Would be nice for once if it was Nebraska. The last real underdog surprise for me was Michigan State in Riley's second year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back