• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Early Massey Composite Ranking

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
Keep in mind, only 5 rankings. Eventually, about 100 rankings and polls.

https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Ohio State - #3 ..... (not facing 2022 schedule)
Wisconsin - #8
Michigan - #10
Iowa - #15
Penn St - #18 ..... (not facing 2022 schedule)
Minnesota - #21
Michigan State - #22 ..... (not facing 2022 schedule)
Purdue - #37
Huskers - #49
Maryland - #71 ..... (not facing 2022 schedule)
Illinois - #76
Indiana - #78
NW - #82
Rutgers - #97
---------------------------------------------------
OU - #4
Ga Southern - #101
North Dakota - not listed (FCS)

Overrated IMO: Wisconsin
Underrated IMO: Huskers (maybe) & Maryland

Last edited:

The_Real_PJ

Just Win Baby!
5 Year Member
Only 5 rankings. Eventually, about 100 rankings and polls.

https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Ohio State - #3
Wisconsin - #8
Michigan - #10
Iowa - #15
Penn St - #18
Minnesota - #21
Michigan State - #22
Purdue - #37
Huskers - #49
Maryland - #71
Illinois - #76
Indiana - #78
NW - #82
Rutgers - #97
---------------------------------------------------
OU - #4
Ga Southern - #101
North Dakota - not listed (FCS)

Overrated IMO: Wisconsin
Underrated IMO: Huskers & Maryland
Agree, Whiskey is too high, I think the mighty PJ's (Minn) are also too high. Huskers are about right till they prove differently. Maryland should be higher.

Last edited:

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
15 Year Member
Agree, Whiskey is too high, I think the mighty PJ's (Minn) are also too high. Huskers are about right till they prove differently. Maryland should be higher.
I’m not sure the Huskers are about right at 8-4. Hell, it’s been 7 years since they’ve won that many. They could win that many, maybe more, but they could also lose 7-8, and that’s more in line with their current past history.

NorthwoodHusker

All Big 10
2 Year Member
I’m not sure the Huskers are about right at 8-4. Hell, it’s been 7 years since they’ve won that many. They could win that many, maybe more, but they could also lose 7-8, and that’s more in line with their current past history.
Lets see how well rounded our offense is to take advantages of opponents defenses.
Every position group is deeper except TE, and potentially greater talent even there.
I see us trending from overall scheme where options are dictated through a defenses actions to forcing defensive actions and through that occasionally taking advantage defensive reactions.
We have better athletes to press an issue so to use it makes sense, but to keep them off balance sprinkle in options along the way.
Last year that ended up AM left, AM right, it will be different this year.

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
15 Year Member
Lets see how well rounded our offense is to take advantages of opponents defenses.
Every position group is deeper except TE, and potentially greater talent even there.
I see us trending from overall scheme where options are dictated through a defenses actions to forcing defensive actions and through that occasionally taking advantage defensive reactions.
We have better athletes to press an issue so to use it makes sense, but to keep them off balance sprinkle in options along the way.
NU has had better athletes than all of these teams since day one in this conference except for 2-3 teams. It hasn’t mattered. Let’s see it, then we can all jump aboard. Not before. Every year so many have high hopes, myself included, only to be let dow yet again. Show us, and everyone will be on the train.

NorthwoodHusker

All Big 10
2 Year Member
NU has had better athletes than all of these teams since day one in this conference except for 2-3 teams. It hasn’t mattered. Let’s see it, then we can all jump aboard. Not before. Every year so many have high hopes, myself included, only to be let dow yet again. Show us, and everyone will be on the train.
And how did they use them?
We have had very nice stats havent we? So yes we have.
Defenses have caught up with spread to the point after adding in all the rules changes etc, more teams are going to get theres and they have, more scoring than before more equally spread, except us.
Theres a learning curve here we havent had in awhile,call it experience or being blessed to be around it while a young coach.

As has been said, we needed to catch up,and assessments are we have, now using experience plus that talent, the question remains, and where we agree is will it show up?
I'm simply saying we now have a greater chance of that now.

We are all tired of seeing our offense top 5 in the Big but scoring top 10

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
But SF still in charge .....

wcbsas

All Big 10
15 Year Member
In an overall average B1G West … Wisconsin deserves recognition until they don’t. I personally agree that they’re too high but I think that’s more wishful thinking/hoping/projection.

Last edited:
Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site