• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Early enrollee Henry Gray. Transfers to FIU

This is just another reason why I bring up we can't just say "it's fine we are losing Dickerson or Johnson because we will get just as good elsewhere." That's 6 of the 9 guys that have committed to us from Florida that either didn't make it here or transferred out. Only guys still here are Clark (2018), Lynum (2020 early enrollee), and Francois (2020 early enrollee). Watt, Canty, McGriff, LeGrone, Smith, and Jones have all left. Luckily we have a few more guys coming in this summer to help that percentage.

Think this helps our chances of flipping Dickerson?

Think this helps our chances of flipping Dickerson?
I don't think Dickerson opted to go elsewhere due to fear of competition or lack of playing time. Honestly, I think he looked at the programs and weighed upwards movement verses flatline performance. We'll bring in (and actually keep) high end talent once we make some decent bowl games and have players drafted into the next level on at least day 2 of the draft. The coaching staff needs to prove it produce, which hasn't happened yet IMO.

Scott is going to need LOTS of time. Lots.
My thinking too....and I don't think the fans will have a say in this one. NU is not going to go down that rabbit hole again. If in 5 more years were under .500...change comes. I hope Lincoln is patient enough for the next few years.

My thinking too....and I don't think the fans will have a say in this one. NU is not going to go down that rabbit hole again. If in 5 more years were under .500...change comes. I hope Lincoln is patient enough for the next few years.

I would think that if in five years Nebraska football is still under .500 it may never return to the top. It shouldn't take 7-8 years for a team to get better, I don't care how broken the "culture" was in Lincoln. Teams get put on probation and are back to relevance Sooner than that (pun intended).

I would think that if in five years Nebraska football is still under .500 it may never return to the top. It shouldn't take 7-8 years for a team to get better, I don't care how broken the "culture" was in Lincoln. Teams get put on probation and are back to relevance Sooner than that (pun intended).
Can't disagree....but I just don't think NU is going to stay on the coaching carousel. They are in first place for paying ex-coaches right now. At least were #1 at something.

Ha, well, if you're ok with being on probation because you got caught cheating then Nebraska might not be the right place for you to support. You think Oklahoma got caught every time they were cheating? No, they only got caught when they got caught. Same with the Patriots. There is always cheating, that's why they get caught, they just don't always get caught every time or even most of the time. NCAA has been dependent on yahoo sports to find infractions since what 15 years ago? How confident are you about them catching anyone doing anything?

ou-cheater-billboard.jpg

Joe Mixon was redshirted, don't forget.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder about our Florida recruiting. Some of these guys have to stick eventually, you'd think

Florida seems to be the newer version of Calibraska. Yes, some will come and stick, but the swing and miss ratio is still too high. Now...maybe that ratio changes dramatically with marked improvement and maybe a signature win or two to say "We're Back!" We can only hope so because this staff has done a good job infiltrating Florida with the message of family and a chance to "get away" from FLA environment. Now we just got to give them reasons to stay after they arrive.

p.s. And in this case, I'm not really counting Gray as a whiff. This was about a family health issue and an unfortunate circumstance. I was talking in more of a broad sense.

Last edited:

p.s. And in this case, I'm not really counting Gray as a whiff. This was about a family health issue and an unfortunate circumstance. I was talking in more of a broad sense.
I agree with this. I think if Covid hadn’t happened, he would still be here. No fault of the staff for this.

Florida seems to be the newer version of Calibraska. Yes, some will come and stick, but the swing and miss ratio is still too high. Now...maybe that ratio changes dramatically with marked improvement and maybe a signature win or two to say "We're Back!" We can only hope so because this staff has done a good job infiltrating Florida with the message of family and a chance to "get away" from FLA environment. Now we just got to give them reasons to stay after they arrive.

We live in different times. First, we aren’t one of the dominant programs, so players aren’t willing to wait their turn. Secondly, transferring schools has become about as easy as changing socks, which means running home isn’t necessarily going to mean losing at least an entire year of football like things were previously.

Our 500 mile radius hasn’t been bullet proof either, be it scholarship guys or walkons.

We live in different times. First, we aren’t one of the dominant programs, so players aren’t willing to wait their turn. Secondly, transferring schools has become about as easy as changing socks, which means running home isn’t necessarily going to mean losing at least an entire year of football like things were previously.

Our 500 mile radius hasn’t been bullet proof either, be it scholarship guys or walkons.
OK.

Not exactly sure what you're trying to argue this time. LOL. Seriously. But you've made it abundantly clear that any criticism levied at SF and staff is not warranted in your eyes (despite two straight losing seasons). Like I said, to each his own. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back